Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel
Oviedo stones besic baines
Cleverley McCarthy
Lennon Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku

I think this will be our team
I would rather play cleverly right back and Oviedo left back with Baines in midfield
Just my opinion like

He's facing a late fitness test apparently, so they're wrong

Or maybe not. This quote is taken from Dominic Kings article today talking about thursday morning at FF. Maybe by friday morning it had settled down or maybe he has no chance and RM was hoping for a miracle.

"But as the problems mounted up – Gareth Barry reported for duty with a groin injury that is likely to end his season, Seamus Coleman's hamstring damage is at grade two level"

Gareth Barry has bounced back well this year after being one of the Fantastic Four scapegoats last season.

Howard going, Alcaraz and Distin gone, but GB has been our most consistent out field player and just as well.
Lost without him at the moment, but the rest need to start stepping up.

In esteemed company here lads

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=444389

Article on how the stats show that Grandad Barry is actually not the world class central midfielder quite a few think he is.

Doesnt bother me that ive watched him play every game, one of the only players who constantly wants the ball doesnt hide, makes sense he gives the ball away also made our most passes and played nearly every game he has players he plays with who have hidden all season, if youve watched us this season and am sure you have you'd notice how well he has played this season

Doesnt bother me that ive watched him play every game, one of the only players who constantly wants the ball doesnt hide, makes sense he gives the ball away also made our most passes and played nearly every game he has players he plays with who have hidden all season, if youve watched us this season and am sure you have you'd notice how well he has played this season

I don't rate him at all mate. He sits far too deep for my liking to make up for his lack of pace and like a lot of the team is good on the ball but offers little off it. He also makes a huge amount of key errors (as shown in that article).

We have a problem pressing oppositions who have quick midfield a. They just run all over us and is one of the reasons we concede so many late goals. I think Barry was a good player but now has slowed down so is relying on sitting deep and using his wiles on the ball. Partnered with McCarthy who is extremely average and we have the poor midfield that has been one factor towards us being bottom half.

In comparison to teams in the top 6 our midfield just doesn't come close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back