Gareth Barry's successor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pierre-Emilie Hojbjerg - 21 years old Danish player who was previously at Bayern, Southampton snapped him up in the summer for £13m. About 40 caps in Bundesliga. Watched him in a few games now but against United he looked a different level. Highly professional and mature for his age, spoke intelligently about the game and about his team during post-match interview. Won their player of the month for September. Price would be fair, possibly £16m but market nowadays would seem reasonable at £20m considering his age. Someone who Koeman could develop into a world class player.

Forgot to mention he's a physical brute too, Koeman enjoys big boys.

Last edited:
Pierre-Emilie Hojbjerg - 21 years old Danish player who was previously at Bayern, Southampton snapped him up in the summer for £13m. About 40 caps in Bundesliga. Watched him in a few games now but against United he looked a different level. Highly professional and mature for his age, spoke intelligently about the game and about his team during post-match interview. Won their player of the month for September. Price would be fair, possibly £16m but market nowadays would seem reasonable at £20m considering his age. Someone who Koeman could develop into a world class player.

Forgot to mention he's a physical brute too, Koeman enjoys big boys.
The RS will be in for him in the summer then - £30m+

The problem with walshy is his height !like someone suggested earlier you'd have to see what he's like in lower prem upper championship ! then theres the height of him and gueye would they play together ? thats a small midfield !

Yoeri Tielemans.

Great vision, excellent passing range, very direct. Oh and he's only 19 years old. He says he plays like Witsel, but this isn't the case. Witsel rarely loses the ball, Yoeri tends to play with a lot of risk. He also has a great shot. Oh he also gives great interviews, a bit like Lukaku (his friend). Doesn't really like defending though.

I've seen both Witsel and Tielemans. Tielemans is better than Witsel was on the same age.

Transfer won't happen though. Anderlecht rejected a 20 million euro bit from Roma this summer and there are loads of other rumors.

The problem with walshy is his height !like someone suggested earlier you'd have to see what he's like in lower prem upper championship ! then theres the height of him and gueye would they play together ? thats a small midfield !

xavi and inestia werent the biggest midfield, though they did have busquets in there too i suppose.

Yeah Dembele doesn't have any consistency problem, he's our most important player. Our win rate with and without him is telling... I always worry when we don't have him and we have struggled to find the right way to play without him.

Unfortunately he does pick up niggling injuries through the season which is a problem for us. Love him though, I really do feel he is the most underrated player in the Premier League. He dominates the midfield in any game he plays.

just wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back