• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Gary Lineker knows of 2 gay prem footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a tough one that really.

I mean of course you are right, it's nobodies business and I have no idea why anybody is bothered about what other people get up to etc in their own time as long as it's not hurting people or scaring animals.

On the other side though if a footballer coming out means that a young person sees a famous person who is representative of them and gives them a bit of confidence to be OK with who they are then that can be a good thing too.

In an ideal world nobody should be afraid to come out or care about who others are as it should not matter, we are not quite there yet though. Maybe we never will be which is both sad and ridiculous in equal measure.

Thank you.

I mean of course you are right, it's nobodies business and I have no idea why anybody is bothered about what other people get up to etc in their own time as long as it's not hurting people or scaring animals.

On the other side though if a footballer coming out means that a young person sees a famous person who is representative of them and gives them a bit of confidence to be OK with who they are then that can be a good thing too.

In an ideal world nobody should be afraid to come out or care about who others are as it should not matter, we are not quite there yet though. Maybe we never will be which is both sad and ridiculous in equal measure.
The fact that me you and others are discussing it and Linekar and co are putting in the headlines then its going to be difficult.

I'm of thought that if we dramatize it then it becomes a big deal, were as if we flip it to not giving a crap and not making it a story then I'm sure it would be easier for people to open up. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how i see it.

Like what @MikeH72 just said tell your family and friends thats it! It doesn't need to be announced or use the phrase 'come out'

Good post.
I do think that in an ideal world, even the expression or very concept of 'coming out' wouldn't exist. No one should need to 'closet' who they are in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back