• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

George Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Writing off a lad who was viewed as the best around in his age group a couple of years back, and who's only just turned 19, because he hasn't made the first team yet?

Unreal. Off the scale on the cringe meter.

So yes you've seen a lot of him or no you've not seen a lot of him?

I mean surely you're not suggesting the lad is lacking steel or fight based on the 3 minute clips off the offical site every 2-3 weeks?
I'v watched the odd game, i don't personally go down to watch them in southport (is it?) every week.

but point is no kid has that in their game, there is nothing can give that at 17 and considering how immature most 17 year old are its simply down to playing football at that age rather than having a real will to win.

I'v watched the odd game, i don't personally go down to watch them in southport (is it?) every week.

but point is no kid has that in their game, there is nothing can give that at 17 and considering how immature most 17 year old are its simply down to playing football at that age rather than having a real will to win.

Now you're just speaking in code again and you've lost me.

Now you're just speaking in code again and you've lost me.

no 17 year old has determination and steel in their game. they are still fresh faced and nowhere near being good enough for top flight football.

So agreeing with Ijjy perhaps adding a bit of fight into his game considering tranmere should be doing that now will help his development

no 17 year old has determination and steel in their game. they are still fresh faced and nowhere near being good enough for top flight football.

So agreeing with Ijjy perhaps adding a bit of fight into his game considering tranmere should be doing that now will help his development

Can you not agree with me please mate?

What about Rooney?...Vaughan?...Anichebe?...Fabregas? ....Sterling?....

What about Rooney?...Vaughan?...Anichebe?...Fabregas? ....Sterling?....

Rooney? the cocky little scouser who banged them in at 17?

Vaughn? how many games was he playing at 17?

Anichebe - how many defenders did he knock about at 17?

Fabregas- Arsenal midfielder at 17 was just about playing in the team

Sterling- Fought what exactly? it was all suarez last year

Honestly confused as to why people are so keen to write him off.
Lid has just turned 19. Plenty of players get to 20/21/22 before they start getting a look in with the first team and are ready to play at PL level.
Take Garbutt, probably wasn't ready as much last year, but looks able to contribute to the first team going forward.
Likewise Kane, took some loan spells before he got an opportunity and proved himself.
Expecting all of our young players to be able to contribute to the first team at 19/20 is unrealistic, Rooney and Barkley and Stones are ahead of the curve in this regard, not the norm.

Rooney? the cocky little scouser who banged them in at 17?

Vaughn? how many games was he playing at 17?

Anichebe - how many defenders did he knock about at 17?

Fabregas- Arsenal midfielder at 17 was just about playing in the team

Sterling- Fought what exactly? it was all suarez last year

Rooney was playing first team football and knocking defenders over at 16, same with Vaughan and Anichebe.

Fabregas was a regular first team player at 16 and Sterling was on the cusp of being a regular.

By the way Green is 19.

Rooney was playing first team football and knocking defenders over at 16, same with Vaughan and Anichebe.

Fabregas was a regular first team player at 16 and Sterling was on the cusp of being a regular.

By the way Green is 19.

I think you are disagreeing with your own mind here mate.

I havent argued his ability or potential, i simply said going to tranmere might add a bit of fight to his game that he hasn't got yet.

I think you are disagreeing with your own mind here mate.

I havent argued his ability or potential, i simply said going to tranmere might add a bit of fight to his game that he hasn't got yet.

No to be clear to you what I'm not doing is judging a player I've barely seen above a few minutes every few weeks on the official sites reviews of reserve or academy football.

What you're doing though is judging a player you've clearly got limited knowledge and experience of and are swaying one way or the other with your view using half cocked crap soundbites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back