Gerard Deulofeu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see them playing for Everton. Couldn't give a flying one about Spain David.
You can see them playing for Everton because someone was daft enough to buy one and tolerate the other even though he's proven himself completely erratic.

He's like a Manny Fernandez.... Some blues idolised him, some thought he wasn't good enough...I think our manager is in camp 2 so that's good enough for me

Never did rate Manny

As expected he's showing what a top class player he is and was criminally mismanaged by Koeman. Imagine not being good enough for Everton but being good enough for Barcelona lol

In two different spells he's quite clearly shown he's not been good enough for Barca. Or Valencia* for that matter - he was considered one of the most disappointing signings in the entire league during his spell there.

There's a very good player there but he seems to find consistency a problem not only in the PL but also La Liga. Koeman is far from being the first manager to not be convinced by him and half a season of good form in Serie A does not necessarily mean he's worth keeping on at Goodison.

*Sevilla - NOT Valencia! Well spotted @tommye

In two different spells he's quite clearly shown he's not been good enough for Barca. Or Valencia for that matter OR SEVILLA OR EVERTON- he was considered one of the most disappointing signings in the entire league during his spell there.

There's a very good player there but he seems to find consistency a problem not only in the PL but also La Liga. Koeman is far from being the first manager to not be convinced by him and half a season of good form in Serie A does not necessarily mean he's worth keeping on at Goodison.
;)

In two different spells he's quite clearly shown he's not been good enough for Barca. Or Valencia for that matter - he was considered one of the most disappointing signings in the entire league during his spell there.

He's 23 and now establishing himself at a top European football club, and getting a Spanish cap.

As for consistency, outside of Robben I cant think of one winger who can week in week out maintain a consistent threat. It's the nature of the position.

Your's and others argument on Deulofeu would stand up to rigour a lot more if £27M hadn't been spent on a winger who is atrocious.

He's defo good enough.

Can you see Mirallas or Bolasie playing for Milan or Spain?

I could see Mirallas playing for Belgium, who are higher in the World Rankings than Spain, but I know where you are coming from - Deulofeu is more than good enough to play for Everton and has proven it time and time again.

People have selective memories.

He's 23 and now establishing himself at a top European football club, and getting a Spanish cap.

As for consistency, outside of Robben I cant think of one who can week in week out maintain a consistent threat. It's the nature of the position.

Your's and others argument on Deulofeu would stand up to rigour a lot more if £27M hadn't been spent on a winger who's is atrocious.
He's not good enough for the current Everton squad. That's the truth David. Dress it up however you wish. The boy hasn't got the required application to be a success in the Premier League. Just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back