Goats squad analysis thread 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at this squad, what area of the pitch could you even say is halfway competent?

Midfield looks to be our strongest area of the pitch to me, and even that lacks quality in creating chances and finishing.

Yet while I was watching Celtic vs Ross County this past weekend i found myself feeling envious of them for a couple midfielders like Reo Hatate and Matt O'Reily.

What is the state of this once proud club where I'm rating Celtic as a better squad than us?

Anyone else feeling the dread?

Looking at this squad, what area of the pitch could you even say is halfway competent?

Midfield looks to be our strongest area of the pitch to me, and even that lacks quality in creating chances and finishing.

Yet while I was watching Celtic vs Ross County this past weekend i found myself feeling envious of them for a couple midfielders like Reo Hatate and Matt O'Reily.

What is the state of this once proud club where I'm rating Celtic as a better squad than us?

Anyone else feeling the dread?
None, the answer is no areas of the squad are even remotely competent.

I've got my positive head on this morning - I reckon even with this current squad + Chermiti I'm cautiously optimistic that we can avoid the bottom three this year. Just reckon Dyche has improved the side anyway and I can't see the teams at the bottom being as competitive as they were last season..

What makes you more confident in us scoring more this season to last? Just Danjuma? ‘cause that’s all we have extra
Can see Dom playing more. I also see the likes of McNeil and, indeed, Danjuma chipping in with 6/7+ each at least.

Be honest - can you see us scoring less than the likes of Luton & Sheff United either way? Just think the bottom 3 this year will be weaker than the one that went down last season regardless..

Can see Dom playing more. I also see the likes of McNeil and, indeed, Danjuma chipping in with 6/7+ each at least.

Be honest - can you see us scoring less than the likes of Luton & Sheff United either way? Just think the bottom 3 this year will be weaker than the one that went down last season regardless..

Well I mean this is just pure copium. McNeil already has scored 7, so it’s just Danjuma’s 6/7 you’re adding on to a season’s total if he kicks on. Hardly eases the anxiety.

I never said we’d be the worst team but we’ll still be well in it.

It’s a poor squad. I know a lot of people are banking on the 3 promoted teams being poor and going straight back down - be warned that has only happened once in the history of the Prem.

I've got my positive head on this morning - I reckon even with this current squad + Chermiti I'm cautiously optimistic that we can avoid the bottom three this year. Just reckon Dyche has improved the side anyway and I can't see the teams at the bottom being as competitive as they were last season..
So you are being positive when you say that you are cautiously optimistic that we can avoid the bottom three this season.

My god, why do we support this club again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back