Goodison Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of a carbon copy modern day stadium really scares me. I realise ALL the reasons on why we need to move but we will lose a lot by moving from goodison. Everything is personal, i think the roomy seats at the emirates are great, the views at man city are unobstructed but i much preferred going to highbury and maine road. Opinions obviously.

I was watching the highlights last night and at the end, the interview of RM which was on the pitch had me looking at GP.

I thought to myself the memories I have of this place going back to 60/61 which was when I started are just out of this world. I can recall games where the attendance was massive of course this was before all the crummy must sit down biz. But bieng in crowds of 50/60 thou or more and chanting Everton repeatedly still lingers in my mind. Funnily I never heard anything like that in the highlights last night, what the heck has happened with the fans.

Anyway back to GP, The Old Lady, I was struck that I do not want to see our club move from this age old location. The fans are so close to the pitch which makes for an incredible atmosphere unlike many grounds when fans are bit away from the action and roofs more open. I felt that ways must be found to modernise GP but keep the character of home. When I see pictures or vids of GP it makes me swell up with pride, the ground to me is awesome. I understand that mangers of the other clubs never quite keen to come because of the very nature of GP which I have related to above.

We have to stay, no two ways about it rather than some sterile place at WHP etc. Why not put another layer on the Park End, Take the Bullens Road roof off and create another layer and reroof without posts.
I am sure there are no such things as problems only solutions.

I do not know how other folk feel about GP, but this is it for me. STAY!

Amazed at this. I said the same to my lad last night that I don't want to move from this site. I started to bore the arse of him with, 'move the Park End back and put extra on the Park End. The main stand do this and that and then ...... All architecture like, not having a clue probably.

Funny really, as I drove home last night and after my lad fell asleep, I realised that I have a lot of childhood memories, teenage angst years and adult years are right there at Goodison Park, L4, Liverpool.

I remember an echo reporter done a piece just before the seats got put in the street end saying how good it used to be,but the atmosphere has long gone from goodison,atmospheric yes ,I live in Aberdeen so watch sky/bt matches ,unless my volume button is goosed the noise from the crowd is absent.russ Abbott wouldn't have anything to sing about!

I was watching the highlights last night and at the end, the interview of RM which was on the pitch had me looking at GP.

I thought to myself the memories I have of this place going back to 60/61 which was when I started are just out of this world. I can recall games where the attendance was massive of course this was before all the crummy must sit down biz. But bieng in crowds of 50/60 thou or more and chanting Everton repeatedly still lingers in my mind. Funnily I never heard anything like that in the highlights last night, what the heck has happened with the fans.

Anyway back to GP, The Old Lady, I was struck that I do not want to see our club move from this age old location. The fans are so close to the pitch which makes for an incredible atmosphere unlike many grounds when fans are bit away from the action and roofs more open. I felt that ways must be found to modernise GP but keep the character of home. When I see pictures or vids of GP it makes me swell up with pride, the ground to me is awesome. I understand that mangers of the other clubs never quite keen to come because of the very nature of GP which I have related to above.

We have to stay, no two ways about it rather than some sterile place at WHP etc. Why not put another layer on the Park End, Take the Bullens Road roof off and create another layer and reroof without posts.

We need a new stadium of Goodson. Build it the same but better...

Amazed at this. I said the same to my lad last night that I don't want to move from this site. I started to bore the arse of him with, 'move the Park End back and put extra on the Park End. The main stand do this and that and then ...... All architecture like, not having a clue probably.

Funny really, as I drove home last night and after my lad fell asleep, I realised that I have a lot of childhood memories, teenage angst years and adult years are right there at Goodison Park, L4, Liverpool.
I had a similar conversation with my lad not so long ago. So many memories, such a big part of my life of which I am very proud

Just watched the video below from the "Watch Classic Matches Again" thread and it had me once again remembering how much I preferred Goodison Park with the stands behind each goal.

How do we all feel? I think the great stadium looked at her best then. Guessing the atmosphere was turned up a notch or two as well?

Just watched the video below from the "Watch Classic Matches Again" thread and it had me once again remembering how much I preferred Goodison Park with the stands behind each goal.

How do we all feel? I think the great stadium looked at her best then. Guessing the atmosphere was turned up a notch or two as well?

The Old Park End looked a bit dilapidated though when they bricked the rear of it off,and when they gave the whole stand to say about 20 Notts County fans,lolit looked ace to me though when I was a nipper and the Street End with the semi circles behind the goals

The Old Park End looked a bit dilapidated though when they bricked the rear of it off,and when they gave the whole stand to say about 20 Notts County fans,lolit looked ace to me though when I was a nipper and the Street End with the semi circles behind the goals
Yes, well I mean when at its best of course :)
Watching old videos with standing and a grandstand behind/ Must have been amazing at a match.

Yes, well I mean when at its best of course :)
Watching old videos with standing and a grandstand behind/ Must have been amazing at a match.
It was mate,especially when there were Evertonians behind both goals,it was very rare the opposition apart from Derby games,& City/United brought many fans,even the big London teams,well that's how it seemed to me as a kid:)

That's really cute mate.

Unfortunately, what you propose isn't possible. Short of tearing the entire stadium down and starting again, these renovations just can't happen.

Furthermore, it isn't only extra seating that we need, it's boxes. And fewer restricted views. And better facilities inside the stadium.

Emotional appeal means nothing in the world of business and football is a business. Goodison is a 1982 Peugeot 505 (in terms of condition) and we need a 2016 model.

It was mate,especially when there were Evertonians behind both goals,it was very rare the opposition apart from Derby games,& City/United brought many fans,even the big London teams,well that's how it seemed to me as a kid:)
Very true, even Leeds brought hardly any to Goodison, but took loads to Manu and Anfield.
I think we know the reason.

Very true, even Leeds brought hardly any to Goodison, but took loads to Manu and Anfield.
I think we know the reason.
I remember Newcastle always seemed to bring a vety large very noisy following! I pine for the days when the awy fans got the park end!

Status
Not open for further replies.