• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Gravesen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read about this the other day, i'm surprised he didn't make his mark north of the border, it's a shame he left us in the first place.

I was bummed when he left too.

That said, I'm not sure he'd make a good addition to the squad at this point.

We really are in need of another striker and a few more defenders.

I think with the Fernandes loan, for right now we're ok in midfield.

I wouldnt mind him back, but maybe only as back up.

With him not getting any younger, he will look for first team football though, so no to us.

Im a big fan of our mad-dog, but we have to build for the future now and sadly he is the wrong side of 30. I wish he hadnt gone to Real, it didnt work out for him there and now he finds himself in the football wilderness.

Lets give fernandes till the summer and decide whether its worth putting the extra dosh up for him at the age of 21 instead of buying stop gap solutions that will only give us a couple of years if we are lucky.

to be totally honest i never liked tommy, he had maybe 12/18months of playing fairly well but the rest of the time with us he ran round like a headless chicken

I tended to defend tommy from the headless chicken tag, back in the days of linderoth, gemmill, nyarko, tommy was the only bit of quality and commitment oin the middle and so was reduced to trying to cover his own position and that of his inept midfield partner.

it was when li tie was included consistantly that we saw some of tommys true game, able to dictate play and make the occasional good pass, knowing full well tie would run himself into the ground every game just to cover.

similarly when cars was asked to do the reducer job and tommy was in the middle with cahill we saw the best of tommy yet again.

when he only had to do his job, he excelled, when he had to cover for other less players his game was all over the place.

i wonder how good paul scholes OR christiano ronaldo would fair in a midfield with scott gemmill, niclas alexandersson, and mark pembridge.

gravesen and tie - everton 7th
gravesen and cars/cahill - fine run of form up to january then saw everton limp to 4th

i liked tommy because he is nails.

agree, he was good on his day it didn't come often and now they come even less often.

no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back