• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group A: Germany, Scotland, Hungary, Switzerland

It's a shame how Scottish football has deteriorated. When I started out we had the likes of Law, Baxter and Johnstone. You could watch world class players every week for buttons.
The game was slow to adapt to the modern era and the money dried up. Even the Old Firm are having to make do with B-list English and foreign players, whom no one has ever heard of.
Internationally, we've gone through being contenders to plucky competitors and now to last night's shambles.

We were obviously terrible (replace this word with your choice of expletive) last night but wait a wee while till we see how well England does before giving it the full "let's all laugh at Scotland"

If you don't win the tournament with Jude Bellingham in your squad then I'll personally consider us evenly "terrible"

Shambles or not by the way, pisstaking aside, it's the 1st game and a lot can change going forward. Often teams start horribly and end up going far, it's not that unusual.

Regroup and maybe don't play some absolute nonsense way like yesterday.

We were obviously awful (replace this word with your choice of expletive) last night but wait a wee while till we see how well England does before giving it the full "let's all laugh at Scotland"

If you don't win the tournament with Jude Bellingham in your squad then I'll personally consider us even

England have the worst manager in the tournament so obviously we’re not winning it. However as I said before, we will always be in a position to laugh at Scotland regardless of how badly we do.

Shambles or not by the way, pisstaking aside, it's the 1st game and a lot can change going forward. Often teams start horribly and end up going far, it's not that unusual.

Regroup and maybe don't play some absolute nonsense way like yesterday.

We hit a small patch of form in qualifying for this tournament and we've not hit one again since

Scotland fans are generally pretty used to poor results but last night was a bit too messy

It's not like Germany have been on great form recently

Maybe this will kickstart something for them

Germany v England in the final eh

Where have I seen that before?

(Please don't mention 1966)

Celtic captain was absolutely horrific.

The entire team was horrific. Our midfield couldn't get hold of the ball, far less retain it.

I can understand Souness digging out McGregor, with his Rangers affiliations, old habits die hard, but McGinn and McTominay were absolutely brutal.

The worse performer, in a very poor side, was Gunn. You'd expect a Sunday morning fat bellies league standard keeper to save some of those shots last night.

The entire team was horrific. Our midfield couldn't get hold of the ball, far less retain it.

I can understand Souness digging out McGregor, with his Rangers affiliations, old habits die hard, but McGinn and McTominay were absolutely brutal.

The worse performer, in a very poor side, was Gunn. You'd expect a Sunday morning fat bellies league standard keeper to save some of those shots last night.

I have no Rangers affiliation and I thought that McGregor was one of the worst players on the pitch. Probably wouldn’t get a game for anyone else at this tournament.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back