• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

It’s a win, I guess. Never felt like Serbia were ever going to score, didn’t create anything so on that front - defensively - pretty sound.

Going forward, though, from 35 minutes or so onwards, it was a mess and looked very lethargic. Similar to the Iceland game. Very little forward movement and incredibly laboured moving the ball. Improvement on that front required big-time as the tournament progresses.

Oh, and I don’t want to see TAA in that midfield again. Hasn’t got the awareness or nous to receive the ball in tight spaces with his back to play. Liability.

I don’t care who they play for mate, they’re big and slow. We had two quick and direct attackers on the bench who would have posed an entirely different threat to defenders who were easily picking long diagonals out of the air all night.
Sure maybe, but they could possibly have handled them too with them being good players and all that!

Serbia are not going to win the tournament or anything but they are no mugs either. Looks like job done for me.

The left side is so so poor and a obvious weakness.

Alexander Arnold centrally is poor and Guehi looks a poor selection.

But a win is a win

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back