• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group C: Slovenia, Denmark, Serbia, England

Southgate now in his post-match sounding pleased as punch, as if everything went to plan and we were great.

Martinez levels of delusion.

He does not have a clue what he’s watching. Explains why he spends the entire game looking gormless staring into space on the touchline. Bafflingly incompetent manager, Frank Lampard has more of a clue about management than him.

FT: Serbia 0-1 England

England

England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live on equalling Peter Shilton's record of 10 clean sheets at a major tournament: "A great achievement personally, but I will never take plaudits myself.

"I have a full 11 that help me and I am just there when the lads need me.

"To be up there with Peter Shilton is a great privilege

This BBC news calling England "the favourites".

Ha Ha Ha Ha.

We need more of this hype, the exit will be all the sweeter.
Which proves my point, the media and bookies have to calm it down, that’s why the Jocks, Welsh and Irish and the other ABEs get giddy at England’s misfortune and wound up so easily when they do well

A good 75/80% of England fans know the team has major faults and aren’t getting hopes high, just taking it game by game

England

England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live on equalling Peter Shilton's record of 10 clean sheets at a major tournament: "A great achievement personally, but I will never take plaudits myself.

Hope he realises he actually only has a full 10 to help him the big dope

England

Shame he's such a UKIP bellend

Southgate knows how to navigate tournaments and that’s what that was about tonight.

We don’t have to be spectacular or even good to get out the groups.

The important games are down the road. Do what we have to do at this stage.

Thought we could have played better in that second half but we’ll improve as we go on.

#rulebritannia

Germany 83,294,633
France 64,756,584
Italy 58,870,763
England 56,550,138
Spain 47,519,628

The shocking correlation between population size and international footballing prowess

Croatia have been the outlier here and it may be that even their golden generation is now at an end

Germany 83,294,633
France 64,756,584
Italy 58,870,763
England 56,550,138
Spain 47,519,628

The shocking correlation between population size and international footballing prowess

Croatia have been the outlier here and it may be that even their golden generation is now at an end
China and India have over a billion. It’s when culture meets population that you have the best results. Kind of like Moneyball when cash met statistics.

Can't quite fathom why England decided to play ultra-conservative after Bellingham's goal. It wasn't exciting before that, but it was so dull afterwards that I started doing the ironing early in the second half.

Roll on September so that my Sunday evenings will once again be devoted to NFL redzone.

To take another sport, New Zealand have 5million people and are the best rugby team, possibly the best sporting team, of all time statistically. So what is your point again?

It's simple arithmetic

Germany 83,294,633
France 64,756,584
Italy 58,870,763
England 56,550,138
Spain 47,519,628

Serbia 7,097,028

In fact that makes the point perfectly where European football is concerned

Rugby is the national sport in New Zealand and not particularly popular in many other countries so it's a totally different situation

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back