• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group E: Belgium, Slovakia, Romania, Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how you punish a mistake.

Actually, it was a catalogue of mistakes. The ball the defender gave the goalkeeper was poor - he dawdled and got closed down and then had no time to give the keeper space - but then Lunin put the tin hat on it with his ball out.

When in doubt, hoof it out. Row Z was required there, but I realise that is frowned upon these days.

Romania could be up further. Off the bar direct from that corner. Playing really well here.

Ukraine getting into decent positions but can’t get clean shots away.

Its a stupid pass to him in the first place.

I hate how defenders do that, whats with the little fake out before playing it back to him under immeadiate pressure? Play it straight back to him and he will jsut whack it straight up the pitch and away from danger.
Exactly. The goalkeeper blundered, but the defender contributed to that blunder by reducing his options and time - needlessly. He tried to be clever, chickened out, and landed his keeper in it. And it got worse from there.

Ukraine look a mess at the back. Lunin looks very jittery. I've seen quite a bit of him this season and he's a good shot-stopper, but I do think his mind wanders at times and he gets caught out in suprising ways.

Interested to see how Romania get on. Have been told in no uncertain terms by my in-laws that the team lacks quality, will crap it, and be outfought.

I for one love their optimism. I'm trying to convert them to Everton. They'd fit in famously.

Your in-laws have done them dirty there

By the looks of things, one thing that Romanian team won't be is out fought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back