• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Group F: Turkey, Georgia, Portugal, Czech Republic

He called it a day earlier than he would because he was constantly overlooked for the big gigs and because he did not like the stylistic changes that were demanded of him. It's in his autobiography. He is, also, ancient of course.
Should've added it as "also ancient" tbh, which is on me.

I dunno, I kinda get it, but I grew up in a different part of the world so the hype-type commentary and being over the top emotional/shouty wasn't that unusual around here. If anything, the UK moved towards that unexpectedly :lol:

I can also see how the change would feel unnatural obviously, but it seems to be working alright for the newer generation, so... Meh really. Horses for courses.

I also enjoyed a few female commentators in the last few years, but I can't tell you their names, or anyone else from the commentator crews tbh.

I dunno, I kinda get it, but I grew up in a different part of the world so the hype-type commentary and being over the top emotional/shouty wasn't that unusual around here. If anything, the UK moved towards that unexpectedly :lol:

I can also see how the change would feel unnatural obviously, but it seems to be working alright for the newer generation, so... Meh really. Horses for courses.

I also enjoyed a few female commentators in the last few years, but I can't tell you their names, or anyone else from the commentator crews tbh.
Probably because there is so much football on telly these days. Back in the day you only had a couple of matches so you knew all the commentators as there wasn't many of them.

Yes, it's very much personal preference. It's the sound of the voice and what they say, and lots of that is subjective. I haven't heard a good female commentator, but I don't think that's to do with the female commentators. They are a small sample size, after all. I think I just prefer a lower tone of voice in a commentator. So, that's on me. I love the thought that some little girl somewhere is watching a match, hears a female commentator, and starts to dream that she can do that too one day.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back