Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the 1st 7 goals - literally all right in the corners (including pens). The things Ross could learn from him about when to take a bit off the strike. i hope he sticks around to do so mind.
We've got a diamond called Ross Barkley
A Toffee come down from Wavertree
He plays alongside Iceland's Gylfi
Together at Everton FC

At least I hope so.

Pretty sure thats been posted before, but still a good watch.

This is quality! I'm not worried at all about paying big bucks for him. One thing i feel is overlooked - RK had Ward-prowse & Tadic for excellent deliveries at Southampton. I don't know numbers but I would bet good number of Pelle et al's goals came from them

Getting confused how we would keep players happy when we have so many attackers already...

2 players for every position should be the rule and this is overkill in a silly way.

For 50mil id rather we went and got a world class defender to be honest.

Funny thing is, for such a huge fee, no one seems particularly bothered if we sign him.

The defence and midfield is better.

Even if we get Giroud and Sigurdsson our attack will be weaker than Lukaku, Deulofeu and Barkley.

It's also very unbalanced with no real wide threat, no pace and no player to beat a man one on one. We may start singing 1-0 to the Everton.

I know Koeman would disagree because I don't think he rated any of those players that highly but that's my opinion.

I would strongly have to disagree as well.

And even with this spending - such are the talents we're getting shut of - it still will be either a negative net spend or small net spend.

We are selling our jewels here and getting back for the same money a load of tat apart from Keane.

No mark clubs are taking us up a blind alley and mugging us and laughing as they run off with the cash. It's embarrassing.

Do you feel that we will start this season weaker than the last?

..ask that question at Christmas.

I have a feeling we won't need to.

Thing Is, all this spend that is being moaned about, potentially £40m for Siggurdson, £30m for Pickford etc, it's all a moot point as it's just the same money swilling around in the game. We spend £50m, that club then has £50m to spend, who give it elsewhere then give it back to us for Cleverly and McCarthy or whoever.

The net spend argument on player transfers is the most ridiculous one in football.

Dave's main point of judgement on Moshiri has been his ability, or not to maintain a £50m+ net spend this summer. That is something that Dave feels will determine for him whether Moshiri has succeeded or failed. Yet it seems that he doesnt want him to spend more than £5m on a player. There is two possibilities here, either Dave wants us to have a squad if 50 odd and a net spend of £50m+, or he ultimately wants Moshiri to fail because to him, the validity of his argument is more important that the success of Everton.

On Siggurdsson. If the management team believe he improves the team and we have the money (we do) then why the hell not? Is Siggurdsson worth £40m+? Rom £100m? Barkley £50m? Absolutely not, but that doesn't really matter.

£30m gets you the likes of Pickford and Keane and, while I hope they prove fantastic signings, their floors are a lot lower than Sigurdsson's. If we pay it it's because we think he's worth it, everyone knows the type of player and character he is by now.
I just cannot fathom the likes of Iceland costing more than say...

Lacazette, Cavani, Martial, Ozil, Mata, Hulk, Neymar... the list goes on.

I know the market is bad but this is nonsense now. If we buy Iceland for 50m then teams will be begging to sell us their players, because they'd know they can fleece us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back