Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe some people are moaning. Look at City when they had their millions, which is a lot more than ours, they bought similar type of players that we are doing now because unfortunately until you win something or break the top 4 it's going to be difficult to get the next level to sign. You have to build up just like City did. Plus when have we ever spent this amount on players ever. Enjoy it! Anyway I would be made up with this signing. Hope it happens.

Spend spend spend spend like city did and it will open up all opportunities. Make no mistake this spending now will have other clubs media dodgy pundits etc taking us seriously for once

We believe what we see and how we interpret it. I see a manager hounding a player through the media from day one.

I notice Ratcliffe said as much last week too. He's just had him marked down for the exit as soon as he came in.

If he succeeds in getting shut of him after losing Lukaku he better pray he gets this season right or there'll be no hiding place for him next season.
Got him performing for a while with the no nonsense approach but ross went back to his usual inconsistent self. No one's fault but his own. He is a grown man . Rather he stuck with a player who was a liability a times giving the ball away ? Love for him to stay and think he'd benefit from having rooney there but the contract he us been offered is probably what he deserves and if he doesn't want it so be it. We know you hate the manager but you can't blame the manager for ross been p88s poor in games. Team is bigger than him and he needs to kick on

Got him performing for a while with the no nonsense approach but ross went back to his usual inconsistent self. No one's fault but his own. He is a grown man . Rather he stuck with a player who was a liability a times giving the ball away ? Love for him to stay and think he'd benefit from having rooney there but the contract he us been offered is probably what he deserves and if he doesn't want it so be it. We know you hate the manager but you can't blame the manager for ross been p88s poor in games. Team is bigger than him and he needs to kick on
Koeman 'improved' Barkley. That was the line being trotted out right up to the moment Barkley's contract situation became an issue.

Let's not re-write history.

If we'd ACTUALLY done what Moshiri stated he wanted to do which is to invest in the squad, who is to say we wouldn't have got CL last season or a trophy? Then he'd be still here for sure.

You cant absolve the management of this club for another star player leaving. They've gotten away with that for too long, and they have an army of helpers all too willing to blackguard players as Judas's to help them out.
I know you don't rate Koeman and I'm fairly sure at some point you've stated he'll never win anything with us or take us to the CL.

Jumping from 11th-13th to CL is a massive ask for any club - even with massive investment.

And as for the highlighted point, you also can't hound the owners/management for trying to maximise the figure we sell a player for who wanted to leave and despite his goal tally couldn't fire us into the CL or to a trophy.

This could even make Ross step up more and fight for his place which is what we want
Exactly. The kid has had ZERO competition. Zero.

And he needs it. He's got all the talent in the world. I personally think if we force him to push up higher like Koeman wants, meaning we have better players around him and in particular, BEHIND him, he could be a complete forward, attacking stud. I LOVE the idea of him being on the right, Siggy on the left, Klassen in the middle and someone like Giroud or even Rooney up front. Not much pace, but goals from all over the place.

If we'd ACTUALLY done what Moshiri stated he wanted to do which is to invest in the squad, who is to say we wouldn't have got CL last season or a trophy? Then he'd be still here for sure.

You cant absolve the management of this club for another star player leaving. They've gotten away with that for too long, and they have an army of helpers all too willing to blackguard players as Judas's to help them out.

No Dave. Your living in a delusion if you think Lukaku would have stayed regardless. In his own words he's just joined the biggest club in the world with the best fans, how could anyone turn down this, it's a nice he's been dreaming off since he was a child.

Lament the loss of a player whose talked the club down and himself up ever since he arrived though, one who sees pogba as a role model and riaola as a mentor if it makes you happy.

Exactly. The kid has had ZERO competition. Zero.

And he needs it. He's got all the talent in the world. I personally think if we force him to push up higher like Koeman wants, meaning we have better players around him and in particular, BEHIND him, he could be a complete forward, attacking stud. I LOVE the idea of him being on the right, Siggy on the left, Klassen in the middle and someone like Giroud or even Rooney up front. Not much pace, but goals from all over the place.

Would love to see that attack play against a high defensive line ;)

Oh aye, and Koulibaly and Sissoko...

What evidence do you have that suggests that we didn't? We may well not have. But just dismissing the idea with nothing to back it up is no counter point I'm afraid.

No Dave. Your living in a delusion if you think Lukaku would have stayed regardless. In his own words he's just joined the biggest club in the world with the best fans, how could anyone turn down this, it's a nice he's been dreaming off since he was a child.

Lament the loss of a player whose talked the club down and himself up ever since he arrived though, one who sees pogba as a role model and riaola as a mentor if it makes you happy.

So what's new?

The Swansea City vice chairman is having argument on twitter about gylfi sigurdsson
Sounds like gylfi wants out
Don't know how to link it husband is Leigh dinnen

He stayed here a couple years longer than I expected him to. Why would he leave if finally we had success?

Doesn't make sense.

I'd believe Lukaku before I believed Moshiri, who lied last summer.

This notion that he doesn't affect the game from open play is ridiculous, imo.

He very much does.

Agree to disagree, I see a player who is exceptional with dead ball deliveries but I don't think affects the game enough in open play. Scored a great pen against us last year but would barely have known he was playing otherwise. I don't think he is a bad player but think someone described bed him as a match of the day player and think that could be apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back