2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
4B0566C7-9F1F-4622-9470-421DB914D15D_cx0_cy10_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

He’s a top quality player but is very restricted in the system we are currently playing.

Big Sam is playing not to get beat. I can understand this to a point due to our start to the season but there must come to a point where we actually look to win games with the players we have rather than hope not to lose.

Can't fathom for the life of me why people expect a player who relies on movement/quality of those around him to be turning in good performances for us.

The ball is barely in the final third for us right now, how can you expect him to influence the game?

He had none of the above at Swansea, the stat boys jizzed themselves at his assists and didn’t realise he contributes nothing for around 85 minutes of a game

He’s garbage

He’s a top quality player but is very restricted in the system we are currently playing.

Big Sam is playing not to get beat. I can understand this to a point due to our start to the season but there must come to a point where we actually look to win games with the players we have rather than hope not to lose.

We need better players up there. We also need to bother putting the opposition under some sort of decent pressure, which right now we seem incapable of.

He had none of the above at Swansea, the stat boys jizzed themselves at his assists and didn’t realise he contributes nothing for around 85 minutes of a game

He’s garbage

Okay yeah, because garbage players score goals like he did against Southampton and Swansea...

How can you not understand that when we barely enter the opposition half of the pitch and when we have such little attacking threat that it really does stifle Sigurdsson's game?

I remember James McFadden scoring worldies

Envisage the scenario when we the opposition penned back against the Gwladys Street with half an hour to go in a fully functioning attacking team and tell me having a player like Sigurdsson on the pitch wouldn't make a difference?

His ability to retain the ball in the final third, his goalscoring, his delivery from anywhere around the penalty area. He will be a brilliant asset for us with the right players around him and not the dross we currently have,

Envisage the scenario when we have teams penned back against the Gwladys Street with half an hour to go in a fully functioning attacking team and tell me having a player like Sigurdsson on the pitch wouldn't make a difference?

His ability to retain the ball in the final third, his goalscoring, his delivery from anywhere around the penalty area. He will be a brilliant asset for us with the right players around him and not the dross we currently have,

Like he did at Spurs

Envisage the scenario when we have teams penned back against the Gwladys Street with half an hour to go in a fully functioning attacking team and tell me having a player like Sigurdsson on the pitch wouldn't make a difference?

So we spent 45 mil on a player who needs us to spend even more on other players to make him look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back