Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooneys best position now is centre mid, so I don’t know why he’s getting played at #10, he needs the game in front of him. Gylfi is best at #10. Stick Wayne next to Gana, two pacey wingers either side of Gylfi and the Turkish guy up front.

That would be enough to beat every team bar the top 6. Replace Rooney with McCarthy/Morgan for harder games.

Sam needs to be brave enough to do this. Bolasie and Lookman with Gylfi in the middle and Tosun up front, gives us a genuine attacking threat, the like we haven’t had all season.

He scored a good goal to bring us back into the match but I still don't see him doing enough to have an impact on the match if he doesn't score a goal and since he isn't a striker that's not really good enough for me.

I don't see him linking play together, in fact for a midfielder I think he is as shocking at passing as Gueye.

6 months on and I still don't rate him.

Oh and be arsed praising him for his "work rate". Stracqualursi was a try hard and so is Niasse but at the end of the day you'd all rather have someone quality over someone working hard and anyone denying this is lying.

He scored a good goal to bring us back into the match but I still don't see him doing enough to have an impact on the match if he doesn't score a goal and since he isn't a striker that's not really good enough for me.

I don't see him linking play together, in fact for a midfielder I think he is as shocking at passing as Gueye.

6 months on and I still don't rate him.

oh jakey boy having a mare here

I'm sorry but I think he's ineffective if he doesn't score, sometimes he's worse than ineffective.

He seems to miss short passes all the time.

its not like he usually has options tho is it.

decent striker and decent fullback and winger who can keep up with the play and you will see a destructive playmaker.

he's surrounded by duds at the moment.

its not like he usually has options tho is it.

decent striker and decent fullback and winger who can keep up with the play and you will see a destructive playmaker.

he's surrounded by duds at the moment.
He doesn't look out of place with them though does he?

You could go through this thread and see it for yourself. He scores a goal and people say "well maybe if we get everyone around him it will all click and we won't be gash" and the next week he doesn't score and everyone remembers that we spunked 45 mil on a midfielder with no pace, ability to beat a man, or knit the play together. The cycle is in full effect now with the added bonus of scoring against the [Poor language removed].

The match is 90 minutes long and his running around tracking back hoping for an opportunity to hit a long shot every week is a big part of why we're useless creating anything on the ball.

As much as I hate him right now I'd still rather watch Barkley every week than him because at least he made you want to watch the footy.

We've had how many shots the last few weeks??? Sigurdsson owns that as much as the rest of the team and it isn't good enough from someone who cost what he did and scoring a goal against the [Poor language removed] isn't going to have me ignore it.

You could go through this thread and see it for yourself. He scores a goal and people say "well maybe if we get everyone around him it will all click and we won't be gash" and the next week he doesn't score and everyone remembers that we spunked 45 mil on a midfielder with no pace, ability to beat a man, or knit the play together. The cycle is in full effect now with the added bonus of scoring against the [Poor language removed].

The match is 90 minutes long and his running around tracking back hoping for an opportunity to hit a long shot every week is a big part of why we're useless creating anything on the ball.

As much as I hate him right now I'd still rather watch Barkley every week than him because at least he made you want to watch the footy.

We've had how many shots the last few weeks??? Sigurdsson owns that as much as the rest of the team and it isn't good enough from someone who cost what he did and scoring a goal against the [Poor language removed] isn't going to have me ignore it.

just no mate.

no no no no

We haven’t been noticeably worse with Martina as we were with Baines. Gylfi also was played on the left when Baines was fit.
Man Utd’s 2 goals came from our right flank..

But if people think we will suddenly be a great team with Cuco out of the team, then crack on.

I’m not saying he’s good enough, but suggestions that we are rubbish going forward are entirely down to him are just nonsense.
No he’s not and it’s foolish to suggest otherwise. But there is no doubt our attacking ability is hindered with siguarddson having to drop deep all the time to assist him.

Koeman has a lot to answer for.

He wasn`t needed and we`re now stuck with him due to his price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back