Happy B'Day LINCHPIN You Are The Glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
Tim Howard has described Lee Carsley as the glue that holds Everton together.

Carsley, who turns 34 today, has been a model of consistency at the centre of the Blues' midfield all season.

And Howard believes Carsley's footballing ability is matched by his big presence on the pitch.

"I think it is important to have people like that," Howard told evertonTV.

"Stubbsy (Alan Stubbs) was one of those and there is very few left. I look at Lee Carsley as somebody who holds the team together – he is the glue."

Howard explained that Carsley's organisational qualities were key to Everton's impressive number of clean sheets in recent games.

"When he speaks people listen," declared the keeper. "He is very demanding and that carries on to myself, Jags (Phil Jagielka), Joleon (Lescott), Joseph (Yobo), Hibbo (Tony Hibbert) and Phil Neville and whoever is back there.

"It is important because things are not going to be perfect but when they happen you have a dig, speak to one another, get it hammered out and you get on with it.

"It does not linger because there is no time in football to do that. It is important that we take the leadership role on."

And Howard laughed: "Lee Carsley is the biggest culprit. I always take a bet on how many minutes into the game he has a pop at somebody - including me!"

Happy birthday cars, What a season you'v had mate. To me an my mates, You are our linchpin. Still at 34 playing some great stuff.

Hope you get a new contract, You deffo deserve it!!!

Top Guy......(y)

what an unfortunate choice of words.

expect ''knackers yard'', ''having a mare'', and ''cart horse'' to be in circulation soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back