Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's idea of fixing the midfield involves sticking a bunch of 8s and 10s in there, its making my eyes bleed.
I think Winks is honestly a 6. He's a non-tackling, barely shielding 6 but he doesn't do anything in the final third so he can't really be an 8 can he?

I think Winks is honestly a 6. He's a non-tackling, barely shielding 6 but he doesn't do anything in the final third so he can't really be an 8 can he?
Hes a pivot, so yeah, defo more 6 then an 8.

But in order to utilise his "better" offensive use, you would need to compliment him with somebody who can tackle and win the ball back.

Zinks and Winks arent bad players and both could play as a 6, but they would need somebody who can tackle next to them.

If we are going 352, we could potentially get away without a tackler.

But in order to utilise his "better" offensive use, you would need to compliment him with somebody who can tackle and win the ball back.

Zinks and Winks arent bad players and both could play as a 6, but they would need somebody who can tackle next to them.

I just can't fathom how dull a whole season of 3-5-2 would be

Winks isn't worth £20 m but he really isn't a bad footballer.

He is limited but retains possession well . You don't play the number of games that he has played at the highest level by being crap as some "experts" on here would have you believe.
How many games have Micheal Keane played? He one of the worst footballer there is

I'm not overly excited if we sign winks, but having said that, he was the mainstay of a midfield that got to a champions league final 3 years ago. That is a better pedigree than Tom Davies that's for sure. I suppose I could warm to a loan deal...
Let’s buy OGS he won a champions league years ago.. doesn’t matter he 40 odd

Stop trying to justify a crap signing.. if he was that good Spurs wouldn’t be selling him

For no other reason than having our midfield called this, i don't want either of them near our team....FFS ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.