Transfer Rumour Harry Winks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps. Just popped back in as there's a lot of rumours doing the rounds right now about potential business between you boys and ourselves and was interested to see things from the Everton perspective.

Re: Harry Winks - obviously I've watched him play a lot. He's a bit of a funny one, for me. Somewhere in there is a competent CM. Not a great one, but a competent one.

If you want a midfielder who's going to get you goals, look elsewhere, because the guy has only scored 5 in 8 seasons. Two were close range tap-ins, two were attempted crosses / FKs which accidentally (by his own admission) found their way into the net, one was a very good goal. Against Wycombe.

Ultimately he'll never get game time at Spurs because you simply wouldn't pick him ahead of Bissouma, Hojbjerg, Bentancur or Skipp.

It's been reported several times that Winks was the Spurs player who leaked negative stories about Mourinho to the press repeatedly, and that was why he fell out of favour and ultimately sabotaged his own career IMO.

Will I be sad to see him leave Spurs? No. And that's a sad way to feel about an academy player.

Do I think he can do a job for Everton? Honestly... I'm not sure. He might surprise me and everyone else but I personally wouldn't be leaping for joy if my club were to sign him. I think he has more interest being a pretty Essex boy with loads of money than he does a successful footballer, but that's just my personal view.

Passing the football should be absolutely standard. What we need is Pace. Power. Passion.

My problem with him is he doesn’t excel at any of those. We don’t have a backline to play possession. Organised, ruthless defence and hitting a team on the counter is 101 for us.

Just my opinion but playing possession with our players puts the opposion on the front foot from the kick off, playing a DM at home to weaker teams when we should have an extra man in attack, and exactly what kills us when we consitently turn the ball over.

Hi chaps. Just popped back in as there's a lot of rumours doing the rounds right now about potential business between you boys and ourselves and was interested to see things from the Everton perspective.

Re: Harry Winks - obviously I've watched him play a lot. He's a bit of a funny one, for me. Somewhere in there is a competent CM. Not a great one, but a competent one.

If you want a midfielder who's going to get you goals, look elsewhere, because the guy has only scored 5 in 8 seasons. Two were close range tap-ins, two were attempted crosses / FKs which accidentally (by his own admission) found their way into the net, one was a very good goal. Against Wycombe.

Ultimately he'll never get game time at Spurs because you simply wouldn't pick him ahead of Bissouma, Hojbjerg, Bentancur or Skipp.

It's been reported several times that Winks was the Spurs player who leaked negative stories about Mourinho to the press repeatedly, and that was why he fell out of favour and ultimately sabotaged his own career IMO.

Will I be sad to see him leave Spurs? No. And that's a sad way to feel about an academy player.

Do I think he can do a job for Everton? Honestly... I'm not sure. He might surprise me and everyone else but I personally wouldn't be leaping for joy if my club were to sign him. I think he has more interest being a pretty Essex boy with loads of money than he does a successful footballer, but that's just my personal view.
Tell us more about his leak.

Great, so he's rubbish and a grass.

Will fit in well here then with the rest of our primadonnas.

If Tom Davies played for another team would we look to sign him?

No you wouldn't. So why are we interested in Winks?! Mental.

If you actually saw Winks play, you'd see him and Davies are completely different.

Winks can actually run for a start.

The problem with this rumour ,is you always think if the manager want's him he must know what he is doing.But that hasn't gone down well in the last few years.

The problem with this rumour ,is you always think if the manager want's him he must know what he is doing.But that hasn't gone down well in the last few years.

I have some news for you. According to todays Telegraph, Lampard doesn't want Winks at all. I've mentioned this a few times in other threads so I thought it would make sense to post about it in here aswell. You know, to keep everything clean and tidy?

Status
Not open for further replies.