Heitinger @ right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid enough. I wouldnt say he was adventurous but he doesnt mind getting forward or cutting inside and having a pop on goal. Must have had about 3 long range efforts from right back.

Was moved into the middle. He's not a hoof merchant but can pick out a pass rather than just tonking it, likes things on the floor and is tidy. Strong in the tackle. Got booked I think.

Goodlass liked him, which might be a recommendation or not, depending on your view.

I thought he did well for his first full game there. Unlucky to be booked, but fitted in well and gave a slightly better performance than the normal Hibbo one (and I'm normally one to defend Hibbert) which I consider a result as he hasn't fitted into the team at all yet. Only slight worry was him getting turned by their young sub in the box. Other than that I thought he was sound with a lot of promise for the future.

I am not sure about him but its his first game so we will see . Seems to be a straight forward no frills type of player . Looks as though we may have paid over the odds a wee bit . I was hoping he would have some Leighton Baines about him in that he can turn and run a defender but on todays showing he hasnt got pace to burn . On another note our support today was absolutely dreadful . Painfully pathetic .

Didn't see enough to make a full judgement (crappy streams to blame for that), what i was looking for was positional sense, tackling and attacking instincts.

From what I saw his shots are as gash as Hibbo's, he likes to get forward (I'm judging him on his rb role), and links up play well. If you didn't have a clue about the team you wouldn't have noticed that it was his full debut for the side today.

Therefore best I could say is that he didn't look out of place.

I am not sure about him but its his first game so we will see . Seems to be a straight forward no frills type of player . Looks as though we may have paid over the odds a wee bit . I was hoping he would have some Leighton Baines about him in that he can turn and run a defender but on todays showing he hasnt got pace to burn . On another note our support today was absolutely dreadful . Painfully pathetic .

Nah, he doesnt have the pace to be a Baines type player which is why I was thinking he wouldnt get used at right back, especially that now we've got Lucas Neil too.

Would like to see him in the Neville role.

Dont think we've paid over the odds. £5million or something is eff all.

From what I saw his shots are as gash as Hibbo's, he likes to get forward (I'm judging him on his rb role), and links up play well. If you didn't have a clue about the team you wouldn't have noticed that it was his full debut for the side today.
Yes, his shooting was [Poor language removed], but I put that down to over-enthusiasm trying to make an impression on his home debut.

Be interested to see him linking up with Pienaar rather than Osman.

He does have a good shot on him, he just didn't show it today. There was one goal I remember seeing him score during his Ajax days where he smashed it top bin from outside the area. Had a wicked outswing on it too if I recall.

Agreed, there are players in our squad, who are better at RB than Heitinga. It will be very interesting to see where Moyes wants to fit him in, when everybody is fit (providing that ever happens).

Neil or Hibbert right back, Heitinga in Neville's position I would guess. Pip isn't exactly a spring chicken, he might never come back from his injury.

He does have a good shot on him, he just didn't show it today. There was one goal I remember seeing him score during his Ajax days where he smashed it top bin from outside the area. Had a wicked outswing on it too if I recall.
You're correct there. Never been his biggest fan, but would say shooting is one of his biggest strenghts.

Neil or Hibbert right back, Heitinga in Neville's position I would guess. Pip isn't exactly a spring chicken, he might never come back from his injury.

If Pip comes back, I'm confident he'll get back in the team. Probably at right back, seeing the progression young Rodwell has made. Can't help to think he'll be second best in every position he can play in. Don't rate him as a RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back