Help bring Chris home (gofundme)

Bryan+

Player Valuation: £950k
Hope this is ok to post.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/4nd5c-help-bring-christopher-home - Chris was a bluenose, leaves a couple of young kids behind,

Help bring Chris Neill home.
Chris passed away on his way home from holiday in Bulgaria with his children. The plane diverted to Germany where Chris now lays.
We believe Chris thought he had insurance through his bank account but it transpires he had let the renewal expire.
It is going to cost approx £12-£15,000 to get him home which his parents just don't have.
Please help bring Chris home for his parents and kids sake.
Thank you from all the family and friends of Chris.
PLEASE DONATE TODAY

Surely as he passed away on a Jet2 flight they would cover the cost of bringing his body home. I know Jet2 weren't responsible for his death but it just seems like the right thing for them to do.
Starting a gofundme so soon after his death just seems a bit premature.

My condolences to the family for their loss but my first thoughts after losing a family member wouldn't be to beg for money from strangers.

Surely as he passed away on a Jet2 flight they would cover the cost of bringing his body home. I know Jet2 weren't responsible for his death but it just seems like the right thing for them to do.
Starting a gofundme so soon after his death just seems a bit premature.

My condolences to the family for their loss but my first thoughts after losing a family member wouldn't be to beg for money from strangers.
Not everyone has 12k -15k at hand, bit of a knob head comment as their priority is surely getting him home.

I agree, for medical purposes etc for your destination country. But he's paid to get from Bulgaria to UK, law should state that happens. (Unless you're drunk n disorderly of course)

I understand but I guess the airline has already had the cost to divert to Germany understandably for a medical emergency. I'm not sure they stump up for repatriation as well.

This maybe a discussion for elsewhere.

Condolences to the family and I hope they get the situation resolved.

Not everyone has 12k -15k at hand, bit of a knob head comment as their priority is surely getting him home.
I'm not suggesting they would have that kind of money. I clearly said in my comment that the airline should bring the body home. I doubt they've even had time to ask the question before starting a gofundme.

I honestly hope they get the body home without it costing them a penny but this doesn't seem like the right way to do it.

Should be law that the airline is responsible for bringing the body home. 12-15k is a disgraceful amount for it to cost a bereaved family.
If that were to happen then you would find airlines being far far more restrictive about which medical issues they will accept as fit to fly with, without proving/purchasing additional insurance to cover it.

The cost of a diversion alone is in the same ball park as the quoted repatriation cost. It’s a cost that any airline will be willing to absorb obviously…getting someone on the ground as quickly as possible can be the difference to them pulling through or tragically as in this case not making it.

I know one of the pilots involved with this very sad occurrence. It messed him up for a few days, and the poor cabin crew who tried desperately to revive him the whole way down even more so. Any idea that an airline just kicks a body down the steps and shrugs their shoulders because they’re not legally obliged to is disingenuous.

Condolences to the family

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back