Hmm Apostolos Vellios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sad to not find him on Football Manager 2011......make of that what you will

Still, lets wait and see, I have faith which is surprisingly positive for February the 1st 2011

Im Irish Nordecke so i heard good things about him from the off before and when he signed.. Very early in signing with us he was tipped for big things i watched him in a reserve derby on red****e tv and he stood out a mile.. so yes i taught this lad was special.. as for joao Silva he has gone on loan to a first division club in portugal for the rest of season add that to not hearing a peep about the lad in his time here makes me not so optimistic..

How about wanting to keep them out of the limelight while the develop so Harry doesn't sniff 'em out and take them for peanuts? Do you think Davy just sticks a pin in a list of names ffs!? Saying no one is coming in takes the focus off any potential signings and Davy's judgement - notwithstanding Kroldrup - is usually pretty damn good.

Oh, and by the way, Steve Coppell signed Ian Wright for Crystal Palace from Dulwich Hamlet (probably below Marine, league wise) when Wrighty was almost 22!

Last edited by a moderator:

I reckon he will be in the first team squad next year, I think he has what it takes.
However Moyes must put him ahead of Silva who was twice the price. Who scouts these guys? Would it have been Nuno?

I've mostly been youtubing him this morning....I have found 2 goals so far.....

He looks a big chap, give him that! Would like to see him get a run out some time soon though, not another one for next year or the year after. Let's just have a look at him!

Saying that, an injury here or there and he's our main striker anyway!

I was sad to not find him on Football Manager 2011......make of that what you will

Still, lets wait and see, I have faith which is surprisingly positive for February the 1st 2011

I've just loaded a game in Greece and he's in.

at the moment his finishing is 11 and he has the potential to play at a similar level as Yakubu.

at the moment his finishing is 11 and he has the potential to play at a similar level as Yakubu.

Ahh top man! =)

Funny you say that, I meant to add that to my post actually. I started a game and couldn't find Dier either....but he's in the second game I've started.

Vellios loves Ebepton

18/19 is young. He could be awesome. He could not be. The fact that we've got bily, fellani, cahill, lescott, jagielka etc.....we take a chance on people.

Give him a chance. I'm not of the camp that believes that because he's from Greece he'll be pants.

Was solskaer pants because he was from Norway?, Gudjohnsen from Iceland?

I'm an optimist, I think he's going to be awesome. I have nothing to back that up....but there you go.

I remember on CM01/02 Franny Jeffers of Arsenal turned into Englands all time international top goal scorer....... (y)

I hope in hope this kid is good but as said above Joao Silva going back to Portugal doesn't look good and he's going back to the same league we brought him out of isn't he? Again, not so hot if he's gonna be a superstar

Re: Joao Silva.

The EFC reserves only play about half the number of games the first team do.

So it's no surprise that Silva and others have gone out on loan or anyone else in the reserves. In order to get games in and not to stagnate their development.

Also as Halewood Blue once made a mockery of himself over one Seamus Coleman, it's far too early to judge about anything.

I was listening to City Talk radio this morning and that bell end Toby Giles was

http://www.citytalk.fm/Article.asp?id=588122&spid=23670

was talking the piss saying that Apostolos Vellios was hardly going to fill the back pages with a girly laugh

I immediately thought of Halewood Blue

As Toby Giles the red****e like his co commentators don't know jack about football.

Spin if ever I'd heard it - at the embarrassment of Torres abandoning the red****e.

It was ever thus with those lot on that radio station

Yes we wanted some signings. Yes Kenwright can no longer afford Everton FC. But as for the RS giving lectures about anything.

PAH. Don't make me laugh.

Last edited:
Re: Joao Silva.

The EFC reserves only play about half the number of games the first team do.

So it's no surprise that Silva and others have gone out on loan
or anyone else in the reserves. In order to get games in and not to stagnate their development.

Also as Halewood Blue once made a mockery of himself over on Seamus Coleman, it's far too early to judge about anything.

I was listening to City Talk radio this morning and that bell end Toby Giles was

http://www.citytalk.fm/Article.asp?id=588122&spid=23670

was talking the piss saying that Apostolos Vellios was hardly going to fill the back pages with a girly laugh

I immediately thought of Halewood Blue

As Toby Giles the red****e like his co commentators don't know jack about football.

Spin if ever I'd heard it - at the embarrassment of Torres abandoning the red****e.

It was ever thus with those lot on that radio station

Yes we wanted some signings. Yes Kenwright can no longer afford Everton FC. But as for the RS giving lectures about anything.

PAH. Don't make me laugh.

As with our other youngsters going out on loan to English & Scottish clubs, Silva being a youngish Portugese lad may have found it difficult to adjust at another british club only being in the country 6 months or so- makes perfect sense having a short stay back in his homeland. Plus at a higher level club that would perhaps demonstrate there has been even a slight advance in his development, despite a recent injury setback. Still 2.5 years to prove his worth to us too, so far too early to making judgements on both him and the greek lad who's got 3.5 years to give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back