Home grown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry73

Player Valuation: £750k
Hi all,

A very occasional poster but felt I needed to share how proud I am that last night, Everton started the match with nine home grown players starting on the pitch. We must be the only club that can boast this.

1 American
1 Irish lid
4 English
2 Belgs
3 Scots

Only Leighton is home grown mate.

L32 REPPIN

He's not really home grown either, is he? I suppose he partly is -because of the obvious connections- but he cost us money at the end of the day. Barkley - now that's home grown.

He's not really home grown either, is he? I suppose he partly is -because of the obvious connections- but he cost us money at the end of the day. Barkley - now that's home grown.

I know what he meant, but according to the prem rules, only 4 players who started are classed as home grown, Baines, Jags, Barry and McCarthy, you could add Aids, Nais and Coleman I suppose, for the sake of arguement and Lukaku is stupidly classed as home grown and Stones, but both are under 21 so dont count.

But yes, Barks is the only 1 I class as home grown currently getting first team games, Ossie and Hibbo of course.

I know what he meant, but according to the prem rules, only 4 players who started are classed as home grown, Baines, Jags, Barry and McCarthy, you could add Aids, Nais and Coleman I suppose, for the sake of arguement and Lukaku is stupidly classed as home grown and Stones, but both are under 21 so dont count.

But yes, Barks is the only 1 I class as home grown currently getting first team games, Ossie and Hibbo of course.

Haha, I just counted 9 english, scots and Irish and assumed he was on about that.

Hi, I was meaning home as in country (ish) rather than city or club. At a time where the Prem is widely criticised for foreign players, it struck me that we are leading the fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back