How can EFC shake off fan short-termism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop employing average out of their depth manager's is the answer. Why do fans get upset when other fans are not happy we are 1 place above relegation. We rightly need a new manager

I have had a few Guinness, but the game doesn't support patience. It's changed. The financial risk of failure is huge.

Relegation = no sexy prem money.

For certain clubs finishing outside the champions league places = big financial woes

For others just not winning something is a mortal threat. Those lucrative sponsorships and overseas fan interest rely on it.

This then translates to angst. Which is mediated and reflected ever more instantly in current society.

I.e. there's less room for error or forgiveness.

Turn off the mad money and turn off the Internet (sorry GOT). Think shiz would work better.
Baileys in the house?

Yes he is..

42521FB4-1071-4003-850B-B20D793BE148.jpeg
42521FB4-1071-4003-850B-B20D793BE148.jpeg

The fan system is out of date and needs completing modernising for our current needs.

We have significant numbers of fans who turn up to sip bovril and mildly grumble.

We need to fit fans with noise sensors and insensivise the loudest booers and cheerers with lower ticket prices on a weekly monitored system. You're only as good as your last game, if you didn't boo your vocal chords to breaking point then you'll be paying an extra couple of quid next week.

Those with big hands who can clap like thunder and carry a full round back from the bar will be like Gods amongst men.

And yet legally the club can’t do this with players
What would be the logic, even if they could? If players got sacked for poor performance, someone else somewhere snaps them up for free and they get their pockets full. Meanwhile, the sacking club needs to replace them at a cost of millions. Madness.

Whenever people suggest this, I don't think it's possible to come up with a worse business plan - and I've got the Dragon's Den box set!

Lampard couldn’t get a tune out of an expensive talented group of chelsea players, who Tuchel turned into Champions league winners. Lampard didn’t select their best defender Rudiger who Tuchel immediately reinstated to the team. He failed to get Derby up, struggled at Chelsea and now struggling with us. Him and Slippy although great players aren’t proving themselves great managers.

I want to see FL do well but his tactics, formation and subs are awful.
It was bad under Benitez but Lampard has his massive training team behind him and we are playing the worst footy I can remember seeing from an Everton team.
Confidence is shot - amd some players are just not up to it.
The only player who has any sort of form is Iwobi. FL needs to stick to 442 and cet nasty with this squad. Complete overhaul needed otherwise he'll be history. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. It's not gonna happen with these players - so time to move them on and rebuild.

Thankfully for it's not as catastophic for him to get the welly as the average lad on GOT.
If you are a Tesco delivery driver and make huge mistakes you're gone, no sympathy.
So being in 17th place, playing awful tedious football , forfeitng a cup and with no signs whatsoever of improving does really warrant a look at his position. It's how it is.
We all like Frank but it needs someone with experience to get us out of this mess,and like it or not that man is Moyes .

Arguments for keeping him
  • We can’t keep sacking managers
Arguments for getting rid
  • Crap manager
  • Clueless tactics
  • Poor signings
  • Part of the decision process that left us with no strikers
  • Faux “I get this club” spiel
  • Worst record since Mike Walker
Probably more

This is it, really.

Status