How can EFC shake off fan short-termism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the symptoms of a club that constantly changes it’s manager is the manager ends up having less impact on the players. It undermines the manager to the point that the players don’t have to listen if they don’t want because they know they’ll outlast the gaffer.
One of the reasons Fergie got the best out of his squads for years is he was in charge and no one dared question it.

The other symptom is we get half arsed attempts at rebuilding squads without seeing it through to the end so every new manager that comes in is never going to have their own team.

Keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.

One of the symptoms of a club that constantly changes it’s manager is the manager ends up having less impact on the players. It undermines the manager to the point that the players don’t have to listen if they don’t want because they know they’ll outlast the gaffer.
One of the reasons Fergie got the best out of his squads for years is he was in charge and no one dared question it.

The other symptom is we get half arsed attempts at rebuilding squads without seeing it through to the end so every new manager that comes in is never going to have their own team.

Keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.

That's why the likes of Keane, Davies, Mina, Holgate need to be moved on.

The summer recruitment was pretty good, other than getting in 1-2 good forward players, which is the big failing. And then DC-L keeps getting injured. We're a small number of goals off being in the top half and that's the main difference

Lampard could have done everything exactly the same as he has, but with Dominic Calvert-Lewin remaining fit and scoring maybe 4 more goals that would have us in the top half. And despite doing everything exactly the same, he wouldn't be criticised as much, purely because people are looking at results rather than what's actually going on

Have you read the book Fooled by Randomness? It's about this sort of thing
If benitez didn't have injuries to the entire spine of his first eleven for the majority of his time at the club then we may have been top half instead of lower mid table when he was sacked. So on your reasoning we should have kept him too then.

Players he has bought in have been better.
How we you can’t compete without a striker - and yet again we doing that

I have said it many times. I fear the only way the club is completely revamped top to bottom is relegation. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to go down. I just know the idiots at the top of the club don’t go otherwise. If we stay up they will say it was a success, then they have stadium. The managers and players have changed. Even the owner. But the one thing that has been constant is leadership at the top. We need new direction and leadership. New chairman, new CEO and need new board members. All of which have experience managing a big club, who are not afraid fo make tough decisions and most importantly not yes men/woman. We have gone backwards in a league that is now more competitive then it ever was.

I have said it many times. I fear the only way the club is completely revamped top to bottom is relegation. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to go down. I just know the idiots at the top of the club don’t go otherwise. If we stay up they will say it was a success, then they have stadium. The managers and players have changed. Even the owner. But the one thing that has been constant is leadership at the top. We need new direction and leadership. New chairman, new CEO and need new board members. All of which have experience managing a big club, who are not afraid fo make tough decisions and most importantly not yes men/woman. We have gone backwards in a league that is now more competitive then it ever was.
Believe me the worst thing possible is to go down.

the problem with relegation Dougie is that a team that has no fight to stay in the prem defo does not have the fight for promotion from the championship.

They have no incentive for anything as their contracts are so tight that if they are crap, relegated or do anything wrong (he who cannot be spoken about) you still get bucket loads of money!!!

The club has tried pretty much everything now re managers. We now have turned to a young, up and coming manager in Frank Lampard, who is now being turned on by some after some bad results

Is sacking manager after manager the answer? Or would the ability to weather bad runs, without wielding the axe, ultimately create more stability and result in some success?

Do some fans perhaps need to learn how to be more patient and resilient through bad runs?
I get the sentiment about changing managers. But if you are going to give a manager time especially when prem survival as at stake ideally you'd like it to be a manager with a track record of success or record of keeping teams up.

I dont know what up and coming means. I'd describe that to a manger who has overachieved at so called smaller clubs like getting a club promoted a couple times or turning a bottom club into a regular europa club, something like that

Charm goes a long way its as true in any field I guess.

Win 80-90% of your games. Nill Saints and that...

Of course...that's not really doable as we've gone through 5 managers and £500million. But we're never happy as a fanbase.

Believe me the worst thing possible is to go down.
I agree with you. And believe me I don’t want to or advocating we go down. But I know that’s the only way these idiots go. We are not going to get mass protests or walk out in games to force them to go. The only other option we have and I hope it does is we manage to stay in the prem stadium is built and farhad jumps ship. By that time we are looking at club value of 500-700 million with the Stadium so someone with decent money has to come in. My hope is they come in and get rid of them all at the top!!. I just hope we get the right owner which isn’t a guarantee also.

Status
Not open for further replies.