Who in the league are better than the following in their respective positions;

LB -- Baines
CB -- Jagielka
RB -- Coleman

LM -- Pienaar
CM -- Fellaini
RM -- Mirallas

CF -- Jelavic

I'm serious, I'm actually struggling to think of any opposition stand out players who put the above to shame.

I'd say hazard,mata & Oscar are all better than Pienaar

Interestingly they all play for chelsea don't they -- and surely not all play on the left of midfield....

If we say chelseas LM is better than Pienaar then that makes our LM the 2nd best in the league -- 3rd perhaps behind Bale ?

I'd say Van Persie over Jelavic and Walker at Spurs over Coleman (though Coleman is only just in the position and will improve) other than that only really the Chelsea options though they don't really play the same roles as Pienaar and Mirallas. Bale can be brilliant but he doesn't perform often enough for me, has a great game and the media go over the top about him then he does bugger all for a couple of months.

not another blue tinted specs thread, please lads, dont do it, you will only get hurt.
come back to reality.

Not sure which right-backs are massively superior in the league ?

Going forward he's in the top 5. Defensively he's still in the bottom 5. He's been partly responsible for a lot of goals we've given away, and could have been responsible for more.

LB -- Baines
CB -- Jagielka
RB -- Coleman

LM -- Pienaar
CM -- Fellaini
RM -- Mirallas

CF -- Jelavic

I'm serious, I'm actually struggling to think of any opposition stand out players who put the above to shame.

Hazard,Oscar,Mata,Rooney,RVP,Kompany,Vidic,Walker,Bale,Silva,Tevez,Ageuro

Baines and Fellaini could walk into most sides in the Premiership, Coleman is still learning the game and could be one of the best right back in the premiership with Moyes behind him.

Pienaar is one of those players who are missing a few attributes to make him a complete player, and why Moyes wouldnt make him one of the highest earners at the team, but he great for us, his link up play is great and its great to see him know he place is to play for us. Jelavic is becoming a good striker but to early to say how he will turn out, we dont have much luck with strikers lately.

LB -- Baines
CB -- Jagielka
RB -- Coleman

LM -- Pienaar
CM -- Fellaini
RM -- Mirallas

CF -- Jelavic

LB - Baines is arguably the best in that position now
CB - Jagielka - Kompany, Vidic, Vermaelen
RB - Coleman - Walker, Sagna, Maicon
LM - Pienaar - Podolski, (To me Bale is hyped up too much but better in some aspects)
CM - Fellaini doesn't play this position so everyone?? More of an AM - Rooney, Cazorla, Tevez
RM - Mirallas - Not enough evidence to say how good he actually is?? Same as LM not many teams use L and R Mids they employ AM instead
CF - Jelavic - Hasn't played well the last few games but managed to score yesterday - Dzeko, Van Persie, Ba and above all at the moment Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back