How many goals will we score this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £80m
I think Kean is a brilliant signing for many reasons but I’ve already expressed previously on here that I’d be very surprised if a 19 year old in his first season in the prem hit an amount you’d expect of a lead striker for a team looking to get into the top 6. I think there’s a huge amount of pressure on Richarlison this season and again he is a young player. So how many league goals do we think we’ll be looking at across the squad and is it enough for where we want to finish?

My tuppence worth:

Kean: 8
DCL: 5
Richarlison: 10
Bernard: 5
Tosun: 3
Siggurdson: 10 (incl. pens)
Walcott: 4
Iwobi: 3
Digne: 3
Mina: 2
Keane: 2
Coleman: 1
Gomes: 1
Gbamin: 1
Schneiderlin: 1
Davies: 2
Delph 1

That’s 62 goals there. In theory just about enough to challenge up and around top 6. There’s a lot of single goals attributed to players here that might not happen and we could easily be looking at the same amount as last season. We’ll have to rely on an absolutely miserly back line in my opinion to be successful this season.

Keaner scores a brace v Villa outhe expectaturns would go through the roof considering the chances he made out of nothing and shoulda scored v dim witford

I would be surprised if the new improved, super confident Mickey Keane didn’t notch up 5 or 6 headers from corners etc. He skied a few last season, but he was getting into goal scoring positions which is a good sign?

I would be surprised if the new improved, super confident Mickey Keane didn’t notch up 5 or 6 headers from corners etc. He skied a few last season, but he was getting into goal scoring positions which is a good sign?

We can all hope, but the man heads the ball like he's got a 50p shaped skull...

You arent getting 4 goals from Davies, Scneiderlin and Delph.

No chance. Only one will play at a time and all three aren't goalscorers.

Keaner scores a brace v Villa outhe expectaturns would go through the roof considering the chances he made out of nothing and shoulda scored v dim witford

Hardly made something out of nothing when he was played through by Bernard for his skied effort and was offside for the lucky bounce his way.

Your originals in ()
Kean: 6(8)
DCL: 3 (5)
Richarlison: 10 (10)
Bernard: 4 (5)
Tosun: 0 (3)
Siggurdson: 12 (incl. pens) (10)
Walcott: 2 (4)
Iwobi: 4 (3)
Digne: 5( 3)
Mina: 2 (2)
Keane: 0 (2)
Coleman: 3 (1)
Gomes: 3 (1)
Gbamin: 1 (1)
Schneiderlin: 0 (1)
Davies: 0 (2)
Delph 0 (1)

54 in total

Scoring goals doesn't matter. It's clean sheets! That's the way of the future!!!!!

91sn32Q.jpg

this is a realistic-pessimistic tally which I guess is the right number to expect
However, if we are going to really make up 1 - 2 positions and go to 5th or 6th, either this season or next, someone is going to have to score 15 and 2 other people score 10 goals. That will give us 35 goals between 3 players. One day soon that has to happen to progress, dont you think?

this is a realistic-pessimistic tally which I guess is the right number to expect
However, if we are going to really make up 1 - 2 positions and go to 5th or 6th, either this season or next, someone is going to have to score 15 and 2 other people score 10 goals. That will give us 35 goals between 3 players. One day soon that has to happen to progress, dont you think?

Think we need unexpectedly large returns from Bernard Walcott and Iwobi to make a go at it. I can’t see any of the front line attackers getting 20 in the way Lukaku had the potential to. We also need a midfielder to start stepping forward more and contributing a few. If Gomes could up his tally from 1 to a few more it would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.