How to watch Everton(when they are broadcast) on your pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

a whole wheel of cheese?
Not all matches are broadcast and the quality is not always good enough for fullscreen viewing but...

http://www.football4less.com/schedules/schedules_english.html

bookmark that page.

Next to each game you want to watch there will be a bit of software called something like TvAnts or Sopcast(this is the best) etc.
Depending on who is broadcasting the game you want to watch you will have to download that bit of software and install it. Then either navigate inside that bit of software to the channel the game is on (ESPN etc) OR you can usually click the link on that html page and it will open in the new bit of software.

A few things :
- Some(not all) of the software DOES have adware built in, but its not intrusive and CAN be disabled (google the software you are about to install to read how to disable it, its very simple in all cases and even if you don't disable it, you will only have to endure pop up advertising WHILST using the software. IT DOES NOT DAMAGE YOUR PC OR OPERATING SYSTEM, IT IS JUST ANNOYING WHILST YOU ARE USING THEIR SOFTWARE).
- Most (TvAnts for example) use chinese text when installed but can be put in to English text mode with a bit of guess work at the menus :)
- When you connect to a channel on some of the bits of software, it works like a bit torrent and you have to wait for your pc to handshake to other members in the swarm so your bitrate will increase and settle down( and your stream will stop skipping and smooth out).
- Commentary is mostly foreign so dig out RadioCity and listen to Barry Horne instead ;)

Thats it. I've watched most away matches on this when I've had my laptop on me and could be arsed :)

Enjoy.

Not all matches are broadcast and the quality is not always good enough for fullscreen viewing but...

http://www.football4less.com/schedules/schedules_english.html

bookmark that page.

Next to each game you want to watch there will be a bit of software called something like TvAnts or Sopcast(this is the best) etc.
Depending on who is broadcasting the game you want to watch you will have to download that bit of software and install it. Then either navigate inside that bit of software to the channel the game is on (ESPN etc) OR you can usually click the link on that html page and it will open in the new bit of software.

A few things :
- Some(not all) of the software DOES have adware built in, but its not intrusive and CAN be disabled (google the software you are about to install to read how to disable it, its very simple in all cases and even if you don't disable it, you will only have to endure pop up advertising WHILST using the software. IT DOES NOT DAMAGE YOUR PC OR OPERATING SYSTEM, IT IS JUST ANNOYING WHILST YOU ARE USING THEIR SOFTWARE).
- Most (TvAnts for example) use chinese text when installed but can be put in to English text mode with a bit of guess work at the menus :)
- When you connect to a channel on some of the bits of software, it works like a bit torrent and you have to wait for your pc to handshake to other members in the swarm so your bitrate will increase and settle down( and your stream will stop skipping and smooth out).
- Commentary is mostly foreign so dig out RadioCity and listen to Barry Horne instead ;)

Thats it. I've watched most away matches on this when I've had my laptop on me and could be arsed :)

Enjoy.

Very many thanks for that Ich, magic my man(y) (y)

I use to use all those things, in the end I just gave up. not worth all the fuss.

good effort posting it up, what spyware, firewall, and anti virus do you use?

firewall : Zonealarm (Free one)

AV : I don't use anti-virus (never have and I've not had a virus in YEARS) I do however use microtrends home scan every so often which is an online virus scanner.

spyware remover : adaware from lavasoft.de, just run it every few weeks.

If you don't download programs from the internet then always using AV is overkill and just nukes system performance. If you MUST have anti virus then AVGfree is very good from grisoft.

I use to use all those things, in the end I just gave up. not worth all the fuss.

It can be a boon if its not ppstream/tvants/real player or a media player codec to fiddle around, but it is worth it if its a great must see game mate and there is no other option. Once you have done it once or twice its a doddle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back