Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say Howard is the outstanding keeper of the season so far......

who else? Hart? he is having a shocker. Reina's been dropped, Cech has been dodgy for 5 seasons now....

Howard will be the perfect tutor for a young, talented keeper. He's vocal, commanding and his positioning is textbook the majority of the time. Here's a name for you all: Jeroen Zoet. Dutch keeper for PSV, on loan to RKC Waalwijk. He's 21, first team choice for the Dutch 21's. I believe Newcastle were reported to be nibbling around him, but Krul is a top talent.

Ruddy, VDG, Jasskerlinen (whatevs!), Friedel are all definitely having better seasons. Although I'd agree that a lot of much higher rated goalies are also mediocre seasons, Joe Hart in particular.

Still, he's quite old now anyway, even for a goal keeper so we should be looking at replacements regardless. No point missing out on a great goalie because we've got one who's sort of, kind of, yknow, ok-ish, is there?

The bits in bold - what does that mean? I've never heard those terms before.

Back to back was the double save that he had to complete in a row. Kick save was the one at the end with his legs.

To be fair here though lads and Kay, his fans often think he has good games for Everton when he has howlers.

Not that i saw the game or anything like so excuse the cynicism, it was a 2-2 draw though!

He was great yesterday and kept the team in the game. I think most people on here don't rate his "howler" games as good games. It's how many howler games you think he has.

Some good goals by the US, first one for me he could have done better, but woeful defending, but then thats when you want your keeper to step up, he looked like he gave up on it when the Russian player went through 1V1:

He does try to stop it, goes underneath him since the striker is at an acute angle. Plus he was surprised by the bonehead play leading to the goal. Maybe you could focus on the multiple good saves he does make too. He had an excellent game yesterday. Game easily could have been 6-2.

It would help if you guys watched the full highlights to see his other saves. He was named MOTM by pretty much all journalists receiving an average score of 8+:

[video=youtube;MYlkBTGoy7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYlkBTGoy7Q[/video]

Connecting to Everton, hope he carries that form through.

It would help if you guys watched the full highlights to see his other saves. He was named MOTM by pretty much all journalists receiving an average score of 8+:

[video=youtube;MYlkBTGoy7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYlkBTGoy7Q[/video]

Connecting to Everton, hope he carries that form through.

His 'saves' have never been the issue for me mate, I wouldn't deny he's capable of doing what he does on that vid.

It's the other things a youtube video would never show that I don't rate him for.

"Dry your eyes mate, its defo the new ball, anyway about this calendar".

598457_10151105726366277_755572121_n.jpg

pathetic judgement with that Reading penalty, dead soft scuffed shot virtually down the middle. i couldve saved that one with my knob.

pathetic judgement with that Reading penalty, dead soft scuffed shot virtually down the middle. i couldve saved that one with my knob.

Its probably because he always guesses where the ball is going instead of reacting to where it actually goes.

To be fair he is usually decent when it comes to penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back