I almost passed out today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggyRat

Player Valuation: £35m
My two greatest teams met on the hallowed turf of Windy Hill...didn't know whether to pass out or just cry...sorry...I'm having a little moment...:yahoo:

100713_everton-l.jpg

So...could we be seeing the 2011/12 Away strip???b) (Unfortunately, Davie's showing us the back of the Essendon strip...)

Going through a rebuilding phase at the moment JozMan....

Weirdos? Nah, it's designed to allow legal brutality on grass.

From the offical website...

"captains Phil Neville and Jobe Watson exchanged balls"

Did their wives know about this?

Not long to go now....;););)

I am, however, a little concerned over the playing surface. On Sunday it hosted an AFL match & that tears up the turf quite a bit. I'm not too worried about the ball bouncing around all over the place, but the chances of an injury occurring....:( I hope they assess the surface & play accordingly.

Not long to go now....;););)

I am, however, a little concerned over the playing surface. On Sunday it hosted an AFL match & that tears up the turf quite a bit. I'm not too worried about the ball bouncing around all over the place, but the chances of an injury occurring....:( I hope they assess the surface & play accordingly.

They played State of Origin at ANZ three days before the Sydney game and no-one got injured. I can't imagine the Etihad pitch being as bad as ANZ.

I must admit, I'm shocked/stunned that my first Everton game was vs Sydney at the Olympic Stadium...

They played State of Origin at ANZ three days before the Sydney game and no-one got injured. I can't imagine the Etihad pitch being as bad as ANZ.

I must admit, I'm shocked/stunned that my first Everton game was vs Sydney at the Olympic Stadium...

The problem with Etihad is the fact that it's an indoor stadium. The surface doesn't rejuvenate very well but, having said that, I'm no groundskeeper!

The good news though, is that there's a fairly large storm heading to Melbourne...and, we've got a roof!!! :D:D:D

IDR023.gif

The problem with Etihad is the fact that it's an indoor stadium. The surface doesn't rejuvenate very well but, having said that, I'm no groundskeeper!

The good news though, is that there's a fairly large storm heading to Melbourne...and, we've got a roof!!! :D:D:D

You make a great point. Brings back the old days when that pitch was REALLY rough and scuffed. Kinda sad they moved it from the Bubble, would've been a great atmosphere in such an intimate ground.

Now that weathers coming in, I'm not as sad... lol The surface is very patchy where its been repaired, but mainly down the corridor & in front of the goals (AFL), perhaps not too bad where the pitch will be tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.