2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
To differentiate us from the likes of Watford, Westham etc we need to start building with our best players rather than without and he is currently one of our better players. This does scream of an Arteta last minute no replacement accounts sale though if I'm being honest, completely non football related sale.

So realistically how long do you think it will be before we can seriously challenge the top 6. Brands has got to shift out a lot of garbage and it’s goung to take time

Pathetic from them all as well, though.

If we sell him we need a replacement. Really, we should have a replacement in before he's sold.

I agree but that is one area where Gana needs be at 100% as his passing is increasingly letting him down and it's usually a strength of his to battle back and dispossess the player. Was only Ward Prowse too, hardly Eden Hazard.

So realistically how long do you think it will be before we can seriously challenge the top 6. Brands has got to shift out a lot of garbage and it’s goung to take time

It will probably take a few windows I guess but I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes or how good Brands is at his job. Your absolutely right but I don't Gueye is part of that garbage I think he is one of our better players.

He set up the second against Bournemouth!

We have other players to set chances up, but generally they don't so everything seems to go through Gueye who is the only one who shows for he ball.

I think the key though is how you rate the player, for me he is our most important player and its not even close hence me not wanting him sold, certainly not for 30M.
No he didn't...lookman made the pass to DCL. I'll give you the ball to lookman was from Gana, but to be honest it was a simple pass forward. It was lookman tenacity to win the ball back and make the run down the wing that made that goal even possible!
Gueye shows for the ball but that's also his job, his forward passing is poor....he gives it away so much. Then again pretty much all over them are guilty of that of late!
I like Gana a lot, but no one is irreplaceable. This is one of the biggest problems we have as a club we show way too much loyalty to too many aging players, keep them way past their sell by date and then get stuck with them on big wages and don't replace them. The current example is Coleman.

Why is Everton the only club who sells players before sorting out a replacement.

We’ve still not replaced lukaku.

If they shell Gueye they need to have the ink on a contract for a replacement beforehand.

It will probably take a few windows I guess but I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes or how good Brands is at his job. Your absolutely right but I don't Gueye is part of that garbage I think he is one of our better players.
My main point was if we get there in 2yrs and it’s a big if. Gana will be 32 and we would be already thinking of upgrading him. So we may as well do it now while we can get a good price. That’s why I would also look to shift siggurdsson in the summer if we got a good offer.

Don’t get me wrong experience is important, you can’t just have a team of kids, but looking at the bigger picture, we would be silly to turn down good money for Gana.

My main point was if we get there in 2yrs and it’s a big if. Gana will be 32 and we would be already thinking of upgrading him. So we may as well do it now while we can get a good price. That’s why I would also look to shift siggurdsson in the summer if we got a good offer.

Don’t get me wrong experience is important, you can’t just have a team of kids, but looking at the bigger picture, we would be silly to turn down good money for Gana.

Its no good if we want to build a better team and we keep taking the supporting foundations out and replacing them with temporary or unproven ones. On the pitch now is what matters and selling Gueye who has a very specific and effective job in the team is not the answer. Replacing him with somebody unproven or someone who has 'potential' or even someone who needs a few games to 'adjust' is just too risky. We Don't have the luxury of being able to drop anymore points than we already will.

By all means the summer is a different beast if we feel we could build, that's the best time to chop and change and potentially sell your best midfielder.

Its no good if we want to build a better team and we keep taking the supporting foundations out and replacing them with temporary or unproven ones. On the pitch now is what matters and selling Gueye who has a very specific and effective job in the team is not the answer. Replacing him with somebody unproven or someone who has 'potential' or even someone who needs a few games to 'adjust' is just too risky. We Don't have the luxury of being able to drop anymore points than we already will.

By all means the summer is a different beast if we feel we could build, that's the best time to chop and change and potentially sell your best midfielder.
No one will be interested come the summer, especially for the money getting mentioned now. And it’s not about on the pitch now, well imho. Apparently Brands told Moshiri if you want me to fix it in 12 months, I’m not the man fir the job, we can’t spend 80mil on a player and pay him 300k a week.

After the mess that has been left, it’s always going to be a long term thing. And young players are going to be targeted and some will be unproven, but this is why Brands has been brought in, because this is his specialty. Time will tell.

Turning down big money fir gana is short term thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.