• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that any ideology promoting a dislike or hatred of another group based on their sexuality or any other factor that literally can’t be controlled by a person is inherently wrong. I didn’t realise that was a controversial position to take.

“Everyone’s entitled to their own opinions” is the new “political correctness has gone mad” is it?
Been out for a while and only just catching up.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions has been the pillar of free speech for centuries. Voltaire is famous for the quotation relating to free speech, and I am positive nothing was known about political correctness all those years ago. PC is attempting to stifle free speech, unless, of course, it is an opinion that they like.

For all the "keep politics out of sports" shouts too, we're a football club that is literally on the ropes because of politics.

We've lost our main source of funding because of an illegal invasion of a country. We're playing a Match for Peace tomorrow night against Dynamo Kyiv after multiple shows of solidarity with the Ukrainian people during a time of POLITICAL unrest and violence.

Everything is inherently political, and that's why this matters.

He is also 33 in the near future and not exactly the type of player we need. Move on from 2016, and some of you, 1816.

No brainer if still fit for the challenge. I remember all the carrying on when he came the first time. He shut up the naysayers then.

Fact is we are skint and will go down if we don't stop leaking goals. This pickup would go along way to sure up a porous defense sitting in front of them breaking up flow.

Great player for us in his time, maybe too old now, maybe we can't afford better then again he could be a usefull squad player. What I don't want is another waste of a loan, we have had a couple of those the last 2 seasons.

It is, for now, but will soon be like 1% football, 99% CA forum rant. You'll see the usual customers finding their way here.
I mean, football is in many ways a microcosm of our society. CA issues have invaded football. I hate it too. I want the whole thing banished to CA so that we can talk about football here. I know you also feel that way.

Reality is that it isn't how it works, and that the first step to addressing the problem is acknowledging it. I think that this thread does a fantastic job of laying out present reality. The question is what we choose to do about it.

Could be a great influence on the younger players given his ability and experience. Depends if he is up to the premier league anymore or if he can motivate himself. Wages would probably be massive as well...

Can somebody explain how we would utilise him. He is not a 6. He is basically Allan but more mobile but not so good on the ball. I sort of remember that there were murmurings that Gueye was plan B for PSG when they failed to land Allan.

If he signs are we still pretty much where we are now but with greater depth?
Yep that’s how I’m viewing it. You’re absolutely right about when PSG signed him. Were quoted 80m for Allan (insane to think now but that’s how good he was in Series A at the end of his prime). Allan can’t be relied because of his injuries and lack of speed, but it doesn’t solve our biggest midfield issue, just would add depth. Both can play as the deepest option but it goes directly against their instincts and it would just cause us the same issues again and again. Which is very Everton, so in many ways, welcome home Gana…

Status
Not open for further replies.