• No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he improve our midfield? Probably yes

Is this a long term move? No

Do I think we should sign him aged 32, almost 33? Probably not.

Do I see the logic of why Lampard might want him? Yes. He could go straight into the squad next week.
A two-year deal would minimise the risk to the club. While we'd all prefer the club was looking long-term, we're in a situation where we desperately need a CM.

All things considered, it appears to be a reasonable deal as he should still be a good player, who'll improve our team, knows the club and won't be too costly.

A two-year deal would minimise the risk to the club. While we'd all prefer the club was looking long-term, we're in a situation where we desperately need a CM.

All things considered, it appears to be a reasonable deal as he should still be a good player, who'll improve our team, knows the club and won't be too costly.
A loan would have been lower risk to me. 2 years is not huge risk but its higher risk than a loan.

I'm not sure this is good recruitment. We need to stop signing older players on high wages.

It's a tricky one for sure. As a Gana fan, I was disappointed by his views regarding the rainbow laces as well.

But compared to others and their outbursts like you mentioned, it's more of a sadness/disappointed than outrage for me.

To me, the Gana situation speaks more to the perils of dogmatic Western religions than the hatefulness of the man himself. For me, if we could take away the dogma from his religion, you'd be able to speak to the man with an open heart. I understand that for some, you cannot separate one from the another. I get that. But I place the blame more on the dogma than the man in this specific case.
Agree with you if you’ve been brought up on them views and beliefs it’s hard to just stop what you perceive as right or wrong, however he’s quite happy taking huge sums of money from France so maybe he should buy into their culture and values. Like when Matic wouldn’t wear a poppy totally get why he wouldn’t but I doubt gueye was set upon by a load of bald leather clad men (joke of course for the snowflakes).

Think he's a good stop gap mate.

Even if he couldn't be all action for 90 minutes having someone like him to do a good job for 60-70 mins before being subbed off is better than persisting for 90 minutes with bums like Davies and Slomes.

The thing is that hes 33 in September so whats changed about his play since he left?

Very hard to gauge if he could do 60mins or be the guy on for the last 10.

A loan or a deal for under £5mil would make sense for 1 year + 1 year option.

Romano seems to think its a loan when hes in the last year of his contract...

Gana screens the back four and plugs gaps in front of the defence. Being 'high energy' and having stamina are attributes all the players I mentioned had. You might lose pace, but at this level pro footballers still have immense stamina and fitness well into their thirties nowadays. Especially someone like Gana who houses that as a natural attribute.

The players you listed and correctly said were midfield 'anchors' arent reliant on energy or stamina...more positional intelligence.

Gana really is a duracell bunny...very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.