• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand you or whatever point you think you’re making.

- Who cares about UK legality in a morality debate?

- I’m talking about people. If you want to talk about animals, go for it, but I don’t owe it to you to follow you into unrelated waters.

- If you want to defend necrophilia, fill your boots.

I’m slipping your tedium on ignore now.

Have a nice evening.

Tolerance should be extended to everyone - unconditionally - except for those that harm others or those that are intolerant themselves.

That is why racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia and anything else that seeks to condemn others for facets of their humanity that they can’t control, needs to be fought.

glaring holes in your expert definition of who to extend tolerance to, and a bonus of intolerance of views which lie outside your parameters of what to be tolerant to - thanks.

glaring holes in your expert definition of who to extend tolerance to, and a bonus of intolerance of views which lie outside your parameters of what to be tolerant to - thanks.

tenor.gif

Can we stick to the footy ? Uneducated warmongering misanthropic atheists, like what I am, struggle with deep and meaningful. Plus unlike the Coady debate where the only concern is blue or red, this one could offend deeply on many levels. All for a bit of mass debating but time and place and all that.

Can't help but feel Mr Tickle would've been far more suited to this threads path.

Fancy tagging him in?

Known polygamy - which (IIRC) is illegal - should be legal and actively encouraged. Doesn't harm others.

Do animals have feelings (and so can be harmed)? should eating meat be considered intolerable? Conversely, If that's different because they're animals and so somehow 'don't count' is bestiality ok? That doesn't harm any other humans? One of these has to be true no?

Necrophilia doesn't hurt the dead person (for obvious reasons). But that's clearly not tolerated.

just seeking clarification on where the boundaries of tolerance are.

I don't support Gana's view in any way shape or form, however I do see a distinction between him having a right to choose to support something or not and not be chastised for it. From a footballing perspective I'm glad he's here...

... however I really am not a fan of 1000 plus year old books written by flawed beings (humans) dictating whats right and wrong.
Ok this got silly quickly.

When it comes to love, and within what should be very obvious boundaries of decency - not entering into any kind of relationship with anyone/thing unable to give proper consent - there should be no question of support, etc. It’s not a political debate. Nothing wrong with polyamory and I think you’re right - No reason at all that polygamy should be outlawed. It’s once again religion/politics trying to dictate who should love whom and in what ratio.

Eating meat is a separate debate entirely and, while it’s not political, it’s far from black and white either. Hard to argue the existence of a food chain but equally hard to argue against morally corrupt practices when it comes to farming etc.

Not even you believe that necrophilia should be compared to homosexuality. You’re either making a dreadful attempt to come across intellectual or you’re just actively trying to boil urine by this point.

Can we stick to the footy ? Uneducated warmongering misanthropic atheists, like what I am, struggle with deep and meaningful. Plus unlike the Coady debate where the only concern is blue or red, this one could offend deeply on many levels. All for a bit of mass debating but time and place and all that.
I actually think the whole thing is no big deal as far as Gueye is concerned.

As others have said, he’s not broadcast homophobia of any sort - and we have no idea what pressure he might be under from forces at home. Just like you wouldn’t expect the average Muscovite to walk down the street in an “F Putin” t-shirt.

Ok this got silly quickly.

mate I'm poking holes in the prior definition of what the bounds of tolerance are by giving scenarios which fit in the definition but are clearly morally opaque AT BEST - I am absolutely not making the comparable you suggest.

quite incorrect of you to make that quantum leap. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.