• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how we set up if he signs. He is not a disciplined 6. We have a disjointed midfield partly because of quality but also because we keep on trying to play two in the middle and are over run. Allan's been criticised but Gana for me is simply a more mobile player version of Allan, although possibly a worse passer of the ball. Not against signing him but are we just replacing an existing player with a slightly better version. My point is that we have been desperate for a 6 and Gana is not the answer and I have no idea if Onana is either.
You don't seem to be describing the Gana who i know tbh mate. My instruction to Gana would simply be get on the pitch in your natural position and do what you do best and we will improve instantly. Allan could never do what Gana does, not that many can tbf. He has a natural built in ability to be able to make and win tackles and provides the defence with a much more robust protection. He also possesses the football intelligence of when to move the ball forward quickly with the right pass, not backwards and going nowhere like many others do.

We will improve immediately with Gana on the pitch. ;)

I don't think a classic, purely defensive 6 is what you want with a back five. With a back four, the defensive 6 makes sense to allow the wing backs to move forward freely in attack while still ensuring you have 3 at the back. With five defenders, you already have your 3 staying back, so your midfielders don't need to be as defensively disciplined.
true , or you can employ a pure sitter who can drop into defence to make it a 4.

He was a very good player at one time but age and injuries have caught up with him, that's the gamble you take when you buy older players, some adapt Gareth Barry sound can't, it's nobodies fault, even the fans that liked him earlier on.

barry did adapt? and i can get bet gana is fitter than most the players we have

Status
Not open for further replies.