If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who have we had in the last 10 years who is a better striker ?
The Yak,
1 he could head a ball,
2 two good feet,
3 good first touch and
4 knew where the net was.
Lukaku only has number 4.

The Yak,
1 he could head a ball,
2 two good feet,
3 good first touch and

Sadly though his achilles broke...and rumour has it he was away anyway. He was also late 20's and tbh I don't think his heading was any better than Rom's though I will concede Rom's heading is utter [Poor language removed] for the size he is...actually his heading would be [Poor language removed] if he was a 5' dwarf

The Yak,
1 he could head a ball,
2 two good feet,
3 good first touch and

In all seriousness though. If we have between 10-20M to spend on a striker, who would you choose?

The Yak,
1 he could head a ball,
2 two good feet,
3 good first touch and
Er, not sure I'd agree with you there mate. Yak may have had potential before he joined us but once Moyes had got hold of him he lost any ability to score goals and was often seen jogging around near the centre circle. The fact that we only sold him for about a million says it all.

Er, not sure I'd agree with you there mate. Yak may have had potential before he joined us but once Moyes had got hold of him he lost any ability to score goals and was often seen jogging around near the centre circle. The fact that we only sold him for about a million says it all.

I think the Yak got injured before Moyes had chance to ruin him!

Lukaku's heading isn't crap. Liverpool second goal, winner at West Ham. That's probably it but he knows how, maybe getting concussed during that West Ham one affected his mindset as has been mentioned before 'round here.

Sadly though his achilles broke...and rumour has it he was away anyway. He was also late 40's and tbh I don't think his heading was any better than Rom's though I will concede Rom's heading is utter [Poor language removed] for the size he is...actually his heading would be [Poor language removed] if he was a 5' dwarf

Fixed.

Giroud is a very poor player.

I disagree mate, I think he's a good mid-level striker in a very hit and miss team, with a manager who hasn't got his head round changing football tactics over the last few years (along with an inexplicable aversion to defenders). Giroud's record is pretty solid as a goal scorer and a playmaker, and I think with a team with a quality passing and attacking philosophy would get the best out of his prime years, which he is hitting now. He is a proven player in multiple leagues and I reckon would be nailed on for 15-20 goals a season with the right set up around him.

The Yak,
1 he could head a ball,
2 two good feet,
3 good first touch and

Everton Career
Season Squad No. League...Cup...............Total
...............Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
2010/2011 22 7 (7) 1 1 (0) 0 8 (7) 1
2009/2010 22 9 (12) 5 6 (5) 1 15 (17) 6
2008/2009 22 14 (0) 4 2 (1) 1 16 (1) 5
2007/2008 22 26 (3) 15 10 (1) 6 36 (4) 21

1 better season than Lukaku has had, 3 inferior ones where he failed to start even 15 games in the league, that's not what we need.

Lukaku has number
5... the ability to get past opponents and score
6... Fear, scares the brown stuff out of all defenders.
7... Fitness.

Last season 20 games, 17 goals with West Brom, this season 13 goals, those are the only full seasons he's had in the prem.

30 goals in 2 seasons, that's nearly as much as Yak scored over his entire time with us and the Yak was ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back