If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

If he was willing to come would you pay 20-25 million for Lukaku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 Mill definitely. He's far from the finished article but name me a better striker at his age in the last 10 years. Only way we'll ever get a world class striker is if we gamble on someone with his promise and potential at an age when the bigger clubs are hesitant to do so

20 Mill definitely. He's far from the finished article but name me a better striker at his age in the last 10 years. Only way we'll ever get a world class striker is if we gamble on someone with his promise and potential at an age when the bigger clubs are hesitant to do so

Torres, definitely. One. Aguero two. Rooney three. Does Messi count because he was a winger then? Neymar?

25 is too much, City could pay that for him but not Everton. If we have it we cant take risks, City can and i dont think he is worth it.

It all depends on how much we have to spend in total. If buying Lukaku means we can't strengthen the rest of the squad then I'm not so sure. Especially with the extra games in the Europa league next season (probably)

But if Martinez can get us a few more quality loans in and a couple of rough diamonds along with players stepping up from the reserves/youth teams, then we can afford to spend big on one player and make a real go of top 4 next season.

Yes, you don't say no to class for that price, regardless of his off periods this year. He's scored 30 goals in 2 season in the PL, what other 20 year old has that?? Roberto loves him, and they have a mutual respect for each other. 20mil and I'd be all over it

Torres, definitely. One. Aguero two. Rooney three. Does Messi count because he was a winger then? Neymar?

Torres scored 17 in 42 at that age which sounds pretty similar. Aguero got 17 in 37 (and only 12 in 31 the year after). Rooney got 16 in 34 (and was admittedly a better player at the time but regressed after). Messi i won't even try and argue with :)

Do you need a 20 a season forward to get into the champs league - Yes.

Are there any consistent ones priced at 20 odd mil - Not usually.

Will his value increase - Most likely.

Its not only about lukaku--stones barkley and mccarthy along with some youngsters coming through give us a long term outlook with this signing.

I've been thinking about this for hours now...still haven't decided.

Yes I'm responding to myself.

I still can't decide and am really glad I don't have to make this decision.

My gut feeling is that he'd be worth every penny. Just really scary for Everton to put so much into one player.

If it meant we'd have to sell to buy, as @fozzy has suggested, then no.

The Everton Striker Curse Theorem states that a striker would have a severe dip in form after coming to Everton in between half and one year. Therefore, loaning a striker for one season is financially the best for us. So no.

£20m-£25m Not a chance. I understand what people are saying about age. But you can't teach a 1st touch. An his is awful. Running at goal with the ball at feet he can be very dangerous. But back to goal, hes no better that Brett Angel. Awareness is terrible to.....

Not good enough for me.

Not for me at that price. If we can get him for £16m then I'd happily take him and hope he continues to improve.

I've loved watching him at times this season. But for every game he has been brilliant, I can think of two more that he hasn't been.

He's young and he has a lot to learn. But I just don't think he can do the basics good enough to justify that price. He is fantastic at running at a man and his finishing can be great. But back to goal, he can't control the ball very well at all.

His goals and assists tally is impressive for his age, but when he is not scoring, he isn't contributing enough for me.

Maybe with competition from another striker and time these things will improve. But to pay £20-25m, I'd have to say no.

Anyway, I think the point is now moot.

Romelu feels he is a "Champions League" striker so as we (almost certainly)can't give him that now I expect he won't be interested in playing in the Thursday Night Cup, assumming we get there and will be moving on to Madrid, Munich or Barcelona.

Or maybe even back to London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back