If its true

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuitsBlue

Player Valuation: £50m
from nsno

In what looks set to become a long-running saga for Everton Football Club, another voice has appeared in opposition to the proposed move to a new stadium in Kirkby, that of the residents of Kirkby itself.

Some residents had already voiced their opinions and concerns in The Echo, and last night leaflets were distributed around local homes asking their opinions and inviting local residents to a series of public meetings to form opposition to the planned move.

Questions asked included, "How will this effect traffic, crime, anti-social behaviour and house prices in the town?", "What do you think about having been promised 3 replacement secondary schools there will now only be 2?" and "How do you feel about the biggest changes ever to effect our town?"

The leaflet finishes by stating, "This is our town, our community, our future."

cant we blame al quaeda and interest rates on the kirkby move? hows about legionaires disease and world hunger.

If the local council duped you into believing 3 new secondary schools, then more fool you

I wonder how crime trafic and asbo's will effect the people that setup businesses in the area

Biggest change? rule against it and potentially deny your community a multimillion pound lifeline

our community? our town? our future? - no evertonians in kirkby anymore then.

propaganda at its scummy finest.

[Poor language removed] em.

Can't please all the people all of the time. There will always be people with a grumble to air, and sadly in this 24 hour news era there will always be someone willing to give them a platform.

To the people who worry about leaving the city, I just remembered aren't Manchester United not based in Manchester?? Hasn't done them bad over the years.

Yes. It is the best option on the table right now, if I better one comes along then we should take that one.

There is a site but the council are debating on us using it I think. The old Festival Gardens site. may just be rumours though.

There are loads of sites. Its just how badly the council want to keep us or not. On past history I'd say, don't even communicate with them, give them the finger as we roll in to Kirkby.

Last edited:
I havent heard anyone in Kirkby against the move, but you were bound to. Theres people with not much to do in life and argue against anything.

You'd have to be a right idiot to be a resident of Kirkby and not want the ground here.

I'd ignore that quoted snippet, them leaflets could (and most probably are) have been by one old woman with nothing better to do.

Remember lads, every ground we have ever played at was out of the "city boundaries" when built. Within 5 years of the ground being built, Halewood and Kirkby will be officially classed as Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back