Iffy start, but…

Status
Not open for further replies.
For most of last season it’d be go a goal down then ship another straight away, so far this season we’ve gone a goal down and still been in a fighting chance of getting something
But we won't get anything out of games if we don't have a target forward to aim for, we just look toothless at the front, let's hope this is sorted by the Forest game.

Defence looka a lot more secure.

If and when we find a few goals the wins will come.

(pretty big “if” though ?)

The problem is, every man and his dog can see that if we go a goal down the game is finished with our current players, even the other teams will soon cotton onto this.

As others have mentioned the board have known this for a while regarding our striker situation, they have arguably sacrificed the opening set of fixtures hoping for the best attitude, it is another example of this board doing it the Everton way.

I think we can draw comparisons to Martinez's first season in a way, difference is he walked into a much more settled and balanced team.
I think we will leave business late, like we did that season (McCarthy, Lukaku, Barry). That season, it wasn't until our business was done that we started picking up good results (I think it was 3 draws up until that point).

Iffy start yes and we need a striker for sure, but there's been plenty of positives so I'm going to save any sort of concern until after the window is closed. If we haven't addressed key areas by then, then let the fume commence!

I genuinely think we get a striker and we're comfortably midtable. Just look like we look a bit of imagination in the final third. My head remains firmly attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.