Impact of injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so potentially we could be without Baines, Jagielka, Stones, Barry, Gibson, McCarthy, Pienaar, Alcaraz, and of course Kone for the West Ham game. Oviedo has barely kicked a ball in almost a year too, so he would be a risk.

A back four of Garbutt, Hibbert, Distin and Coleman
Midfield 5 of Besic, Osman, Barkley, Naismith and McGeady?

The bench would be looking pretty ropey but I think even that team shows that we have a decent squad.

Ok so potentially we could be without Baines, Jagielka, Stones, Barry, Gibson, McCarthy, Pienaar, Alcaraz, and of course Kone for the West Ham game. Oviedo has barely kicked a ball in almost a year too, so he would be a risk.

A back four of Garbutt, Hibbert, Distin and Coleman
Midfield 5 of Besic, Osman, Barkley, Naismith and McGeady?

The bench would be looking pretty ropey but I think even that team shows that we have a decent squad.

god than 9 looks [Poor language removed] tbh ha we have a great squad, but we have a few players like hibbert and osman who are 3rd choices/should be at best, the main problem with us is that it's all the best players that are getting injured and in the positions where our options are a bit weaker.

jagielka will be fine unless he gets injured again though, just a knock i saw. i'd rather browning CB than hibbert tbh.

Too much training maybe? Not enough recovery? Not enough strength and conditioning work in the off season to prepare the bodies for the full rigor of training and matches. S&C work not continued enough during the season.

god than 9 looks [Poor language removed] tbh ha we have a great squad, but we have a few players like hibbert and osman who are 3rd choices/should be at best, the main problem with us is that it's all the best players that are getting injured and in the positions where our options are a bit weaker.

jagielka will be fine unless he gets injured again though, just a knock i saw. i'd rather browning CB than hibbert tbh.

Yeah Browning or Hibbert for me would depend on if Baines plays - Browning may be better with experienced players either side of him. I'm taking 4 of our top 5 choice centre halves out there and our top 3 central midfielders too - most teams would look very weak after that.

Yeah Browning or Hibbert for me would depend on if Baines plays - Browning may be better with experienced players either side of him. I'm taking 4 of our top 5 choice centre halves out there and our top 3 central midfielders too - most teams would look very weak after that.

agreed. most teams like liverpool have spent £150m this summer and look weak with their first choice players (when somebody figures out who that is) in there though.

Injuries are a part of the game there's no getting away from that.

Thing is with us though, it's never just a knock it's always something serious and always our best players.

Osman, Hibbert, Distin never get injured it's always Stones, Coleman and Barkley....

Anyway..

Any updates on McCarthy or Barry?

Looks like Baines is ok and Mirallas will be back within the next two games, so there is some good news.

Hopefully Stones is getting there too!

Injuries have never arsed me tbh. I think Moyes was at his best when we had injuries as I felt he was crap when he had options. I think out season has been so stop start this season that hopefully someone fresh can come in and kick start a run of wins. Maybe someone like Oviedo can come in and have an impact like he did around this time last year. Injuries just open the door for someone to get a chance.

My team for west ham

Howard
Coleman distin jags Garbutt
Besic
Mcgeady Barkley Pienaar
Lukaku Eto'o

Could still bring on like Naismith if lukaku n eto'o were doing well and then Oviedo, osman, browning atsu. Still abit of strength in depth with a very depleted side

That proves it then: us and the Skunks (who've spent millions more than us) are suffering worst from injuries
Kone, slight doubt for next match???
Tbh think that must be an in joke at physioroom.

Martinez has said that he's still experiencing pain after training so iirc the plan was to keep giving him reserve games with lots of rest in between in the hope he can be eased back by the New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back