Interesting read on Ancelotti backroom staff's approach to training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having actually read the article, the lads seem to know what they are doing and I'm convinced by what they are saying and how they are trying to get their results. I can see a big impact on the players happening. I wonder if we'll see a 'drop' in intensity as Ancelotti and his coaching team's methods settle in. I hope that they don't coincide with a drop in results otherwise he'll get no end of stick. Having said that, I think Ancelotti is a pragmatist and the changes will be subtle and gradual and managed well.

I think he'd instantly become a better player with better players around him. It was tough for him v Arsenal when he was receiving the ball on the right and Gylfi was not coming to him for a the ball, I made a point to watch Gylfi closely.

As you say, who knows his level but the structure has got to be right to get the best from our youth.

Agree with this. I don't think he's a world beater by any stretch but so often he gets caught on the ball in midfield because he's had to hold on to it for a few more seconds due to zero movement ahead of him. And he gets the flack for it.

Agree with this. I don't think he's a world beater by any stretch but so often he gets caught on the ball in midfield because he's had to hold on to it for a few more seconds due to zero movement ahead of him. And he gets the flack for it.

I remember when he broke through him and Barkley played well together as both were keen to get on the ball and move into space.

“The major thinking behind our method is essential to a team playing out Ancelotti’s ideas, whether that team be Napoli, Bayern or Real Madrid. They will always have more or less the same approach to the game. That is to run less than their opponents over the total distance of a match, 80% of the time. At Napoli that 80% has become 70 or 65%, so even less than at Bayern or Real. But as far as high-intensity and very-high intensity running goes, this Napoli team is one that sprints more than the opponent 80% of the time.”

Morgan is NOT happy!

I'll not be surprised at all if Ancelotti likes Schneiderlin as a player....I think he'll get the best out of him.

Awaits ridicule....

Very interesting read. If you think about it their methods seem entirely logical. I was not surprised to see our players pick up more injuries after that Chelsea game. I can't remember us playing with such intensity on and off the ball for 90mins. I thought to myself you can't do that for 38 games! Also I would expect the players to become disheartened and become reluctant to buy into such dangerous playing methods. I believe if Duncan had been given the job there would've been problems down the line in terms of players not being able to match big Duncs expectations of work rate. I mean what players want to self sabotage their careers by hurting themselves! That type of intensity, ie players hunting in packs, plenty of aggression and hoof ball tactics would be better suited to one off cup football knockout games.

Now my concern is that there is no doubt that the core of the Everton fan base appreciate hard work over anything else. If results go the wrong way I can imagine fans blaming this new coaching regime cos the players haven't ran through brick walls for them! Football at the highest levels is not all about blood and bluster. It will take time to put this new philosophy into place. I fear these forward thinking coaching innovators will be chastised as likely escape goats should results not go in our favour. You see Evertonians don't so much mind losing as long as they can see their players have run marathons for them. It may force Carlo to try something different that will appease our fans for sure.

I can actually see a lot of our younger players buying into this big time! Having that one-to-one attention and feeling that you are being listened to is a key motivator for young people, who tend to feel managers etc often dismiss their opinions.

this could be a game changer, it could be a disaster,
but I believe it is going to be a very interesting time regardless, :)
Well if the players don’t buy into it they’ll be on their way. Let’s face it Ancelotti is not going to change his methods that have brought him so much success to pander to a group of under achieving players who think they are better then what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.