Is it time to panic !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverEverton

Player Valuation: £50m
Three weeks to go and still nothing!!!

The RS have signed more quality and will pull further away from us this season leaving us to fight for fifth at best but Man City, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Villa ans Spurs have all made good signings and will have better squads next season............

So at this time what is a realistic finish for us this season 8th, 9th or something like that??????

IMO it does not look good.................

19days is a long time in football.

Our squad will look better by the start of the season

I hope :P

I wouldnt consider the players the RS have bought quality, i cant see any of them improving the team, squad players at best IMO.

But i agree that we need to get our fingers out and sign some players.

Not ready to push the panic buttons just yet. Everyone around us are wheeling & dealing but remember the race isn't over yet. We have quality in our squad already but short on numbers. When we get to the point we have eager players pushing from the bench then we will have arrived.

I wouldnt consider the players the RS have bought quality, i cant see any of them improving the team, squad players at best IMO.

But i agree that we need to get our fingers out and sign some players.

I've always liked Robbie Keane and i think he will defo improve their side, a couple of years ago he said he'd love to play for Everton, we have tracked him ourselves for as long as i can remember. Hate the RS but think it's a bit unfair to say he won't improve them as we'd have took him to replace AJ in a heartbeat, or i would anyway

Three weeks to go and still nothing!!!

The RS have signed more quality and will pull further away from us this season leaving us to fight for fifth at best but Man City, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Villa ans Spurs have all made good signings and will have better squads next season............

So at this time what is a realistic finish for us this season 8th, 9th or something like that??????

IMO it does not look good.................

Ok.....

The [Poor language removed] - will get nowhere near the title again and will battle Arsenal IMO for 3rd and 4th. They still need a wingers and back up players with quality, another holding midfielder, and some back up centre halves.

Citeh - Only bought a young upstart for 19mill that may or maybe not be ok. They still need an entire back up for their back 4 which is something that kicked them in the teeth last year.

Pompy - Crouch is a good signing for them, but they need more time to gel from what I've read (meant to have been [Poor language removed] agasint Manure the other day). Their centre halves are old as, and Muntari is off to Inter so they need another CM.

Blackburn - Their star winger is probably off (dunno where to though), and they aint got anyone in yet (minus Paul Robinson). Same boat as us.

Villa - Aint bought anyone. Bouma just got hammered and their only hope is keeping hold of Barry, which is good for them. They need another couple of defenders and an out and out goal scorer.

Spurs - In a transition phase with Ramos starting a fresh. Have potential (we say that every year and what happens?) but with Robbie Keane gone, Berbatov and Bent going...who knows. Maybe another 30mill spends will sort them out.

So............whats why's everyone stressing. Only Spurs have spent a chunck so far. Your top 3 havent spent anything really.

Last edited:
Cant think why we are holding out for so long, unless it goes hand in hand with the DK decision.........

Unless we are just skint!!!!!!!!

Cant think why we are holding out for so long, unless it goes hand in hand with the DK decision.........

Unless we are just skint!!!!!!!!
Rather believe it's because DM hasn't signed a new contract yet. But I don't think they'd sell AJ unless they had something fairly close to done to improve the squad

Ok.....

The [Poor language removed] - will get nowhere near the title again and will battle Arsenal IMO for 3rd and 4th. They still need a wingers and back up players with quality, another holding midfielder, and some back up centre halves.

Citeh - Only bought a young upstart for 19mill that may or maybe not be ok. They still need an entire back up for their back 4 which is something that kicked them in the teeth last year.

Pompy - Crouch is a good signing for them, but they need more time to gel from what I've read (meant to have been [Poor language removed] agasint Manure the other day). Their centre halves are old as, and Muntari is off to Inter so they need another CM.

Blackburn - Their star winger is probably off (dunno where to though), and they aint got anyone in yet (minus Paul Robinson). Same boat as us.

Villa - Aint bought anyone. Bouma just got hammered and their only hope is keeping hold of Barry, which is good for them. They need another couple of defenders and an out and out goal scorer.

Spurs - In a transition phase with Ramos starting a fresh. Have potential (we say that every year and what happens?) but with Robbie Keane gone, Berbatov and Bent going...who knows. Maybe another 30mill spends will sort them out.

So............whats why's everyone stressing. Only Spurs have spent a chunck so far. Your top 3 havent spent anything really.

Just looking at the OS and the first team squad:-

Vaughan, VDM, Ossie, Cahill, Hibbert and Arteta all injured.

Anichebe set to be missing because he is playing for Nigeria and Johnson will complete a move to Fulham.

Line up against Blackburn would be if it was to kick-off tommorrow:-

....................Howard....................
Yobo.....Lescott.....Jagielka.....Baines
Pienaar..Rodwell......Neville......Baxter
............Yakubu......Jutkiewicz.........

Bench would be Gosling, Kissock, Ruddy, Turner, ?, ?, ?

No other first team squad to choose from!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lance_corporal_jones.gif

Don't panic!!

when we have a limited number of players announced for the blackburn game,THEN we worry, but not when we've got over 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back