Is there anyone at City we'd look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggyRat

Player Valuation: £35m
The Times reports that City will get rid of £100million worth of players in the summer, starting with flogging Carlos Tevez to whoever comes up with £50million. Probably Real Madrid, Inter or Juventus, although one suspects only one of those teams will come up with the readies for that one.

Also heading out the door will be Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz, Craig Bellamy, Jo, Felipe Caicedo, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Wayne Bridge and Nedum Onouha.

And the paper reports Shay Given, Michael Johnson (yes, apparently he's still alive) and Patrick Vieira may want to do one, while there is 'uncertainty over the future of Kolo Toure', for obvious reaons.

The paper claims that Cesc Fabregas, Alexis Sanchez, Rodwell and Gary Cahill are targets to come in.

I sometimes wonder what players like Bellamy, swayed by the big pay day, think when the eventual happens & they aren't the "next big thing" that City's Billionaires have made them out to be. Sure, they're probably too busy counting their cash but as a professional footballer, can they go any lower?

Is there anyone at City we wouldn't look at ? Jo aside of course.

• Adebayor if we tap his mouth and promise him he'll always get a game <taps nose>
  • Nedum because we've always been linked with him and have to show the papers they can get one rumour correct
  • Wright-Phillips because he's miles faster than anything we've got at present and when he looks up can cross a ball
  • Jo because I've got a bad sense of humour
  • Craig Bellamy so that Moyes can whack him when he gets too lippy

...sorry in humorous mod today

Reckon Spurs will be the one getting rid of half their squad this season, not City.

Obviously we'll be buying players from darlington and tranmere instead like but still.

The crazy thing is, 90% of any Man City players would have take a 50% pay cut to join us.... ijjysmith would be proud of that sentence...

None of those names stand out to me in truth, all great squad players, but most of those would want 80k a week and wouldn't necesarrily start. Onouha would be worth a shout, doubt he'd want too much, the rest would be waaaay to expensive

I'd take onouha and micah richards if available/affordable

Would love Richards, Would also Be willing to sell to aford Adebayor just they type player we need wounder if we could work up around 75k a week and he would take it, Wounder if getting games every week would get him atleast interested?

Would love Richards, Would also Be willing to sell to aford Adebayor just they type player we need wounder if we could work up around 75k a week and he would take it, Wounder if getting games every week would get him atleast interested?

You never know mate,you dont ask you dont get!

Not really a fan of him as a person but Bellamy is a Moyes type striker. Honest, hard working and has scored wherever he's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.