Is this the season when Shane Duffy breaks through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane is in talks with Everton for a new contract and believe me it's up to him to take it. Some people on here do my head in. At the end of the day shane is in England to play football and that's what he will do if it everton great if he thinks he will get more game time else were so be it. But I really hope not.

I think he will struggle long term to be a part of a Martinez team because he doesn't necessarily have some of the attributes that he looks for in CBs, but that's no shame at all. I've got every expectation that he'll be a very good player, and i hope he does well even if it's not at Everton, he certainly seems to have the right attitude and application.

I can't see it somehow. I feel if it was going to happen there has been plenty of chances for it to have happened already.

There's no doubt he has potential, maybe why the club keeps loaning him out rather than selling him because they must also feel he is good enough. But it hasn't yet and I can even see Besic getting in ahead of him in that position, should anything happen to either Jags, Distin or Stones.

His passing has definately got better

And people seem to forget that Duffy is there to be Stones enforcer. Stones plays the good footy while Shane acts as his bodyguard, takes care of corners in defence and maybe get a goal or two from attacking corners

He'll be excellent in that role

Whilst I sorta see your point, I feel a little uncomfortable at the notion that one of our CBs would need a 'bodyguard'...

Whilst I sorta see your point, I feel a little uncomfortable at the notion that one of our CBs would need a 'bodyguard'...

It's not really the fact Stones would "need" Duffy to be his enforcer, but it would certainly work as a combination

People are wanting Duffy to be like Stones, but he just doesn't need to be. The fact they are different from one another is a good thing. It means they compliment each other.

It's not really the fact Stones would "need" Duffy to be his enforcer, but it would certainly work as a combination

People are wanting Duffy to be like Stones, but he just doesn't need to be. The fact they are different from one another is a good thing. It means they compliment each other.

Sure, I agree with that. Their respective attributes could potentially lead to a strong partnership.

Shane is in talks with Everton for a new contract and believe me it's up to him to take it. Some people on here do my head in. At the end of the day shane is in England to play football and that's what he will do if it everton great if he thinks he will get more game time else were so be it. But I really hope not.

Ignore the teds, mate. The people with the least in between their ears often have the most to say.

Anyone who's watched Shane either for us or for Yeovil can see that a career as a premier league CB beckons. He's a massive lad who's got all the physical attributes but beyond that, he has shown his mental, defensive awareness.

The only sticking point is how comfortable he is on the ball, but if Jagielka and Distin can adapt at their ages, then Shane at just 22 has every chance. I really hope he carves out a good career with us.

We're nearing the end of August and no talk of him being loaned or sold yet. Here's hoping it stays that way

It has been worrying me slightly that he might still get shipped out before the window closes

I truly hope not Mikey, we are getting very close to having to replace Jags and Distin.

He looked good pre that injury, at 22 he has time to process , and the way we defend headers must be worth giving a chance , but if he feels like he needs game time and a move good luck to the lad, he will deffo make a living out of the game

Duffy in my opinion is the ideal foil for Stones good in the air and willing to put his body on the line. I think what goes against him is the lack of experience that partnership has. If he one if them had 50-100 premier league games behind them it would be less of a perceived risk. Europe could be an opportunity to try the partnership out.

The thing that would frustrate me about Duffy not getting a chance, is that everything we've seen from him in an Everton shirt (along with his stellar performances in the championship) has suggested he should get one. We love John Stones to bits, but even he's made a load of mistakes which we ignore because he's young.

Well Shane is young, and was set back by an awful injury. I really hope he can make a career here, because if we let him go I feel he'll be the next Shkodran Mustafi!

The thing that would frustrate me about Duffy not getting a chance, is that everything we've seen from him in an Everton shirt (along with his stellar performances in the championship) has suggested he should get one. We love John Stones to bits, but even he's made a load of mistakes which we ignore because he's young.

Well Shane is young, and was set back by an awful injury. I really hope he can make a career here, because if we let him go I feel he'll be the next Shkodran Mustafi!

I agree with you also mate

Whenever he's a chance so far, he's risen to meet it

Haha don't think he'll be winning any world cups though.

I hope he makes it at Everton though. I think we'd concede less corners that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back