Jack rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebill

Player Valuation: £100k
Heard a few people suggesting we should try and sign him. I personally fell he's fallen well short of his potential, whether that be down to his injuries or other factors. After that goal against united I can't remember seeing many more sparks of his promised potential. I personally wouldn't sign him.

Thoughts...

I think he needs to drop down a level to say someone like Villa or Newcastle and play week and week out if he can, his development has been stunted due to injury and getting lost in a big squad. If he's to have any chance of a decent career now he needs regular playing time, it's a shame really as he's got everything you'd want from a top player it just hasn't all come together yet.

City will keep him due to the home grown rule (minimum 8 local players in their Champions league squad), will keep him even more if they receive the punishment (squad size reduced from 25 to 21 with minimum 8 home grown players)

I would take him back, dependent on price and wages, I still think he could come good. If he stays free of injuries and gets a run in the team, his is still quite young

We need more bodies if we're going to cope with the workload of Europa and the League next year, plus if we want a run in one of the cups. Although he's never going to become the player we all thought he could have been I wouldn't mind having him back on loan. Or I'd rather him back than pay £6-£8m for Cleverley at least.

id sign him if he was available.hes only 23 , knows the club and has plenty of prem experience.
hes been kept out of the city team due to injuries and world class players. he must have learnt a thing or 2 while there.
who knows , if we had him this season mixing it up with barry and mccarthy we might be a few points better in the table.
i think people forget the good games he had for us , at times he looked and played like a young beckenbauer imo.

James McCarthy is everything Rodwell could be but isn't.

Too much Birkdale not enough Kirkdale sums him up perfectly

I'm from Birkdale and could not agree more.

He has the tools, yet lacks the arrogance.

Maybe Martinez could change his mentality?

People say "he'd be a good signing if he could stay free of injury" - unless you haven't noticed, Rodwell is made of glass and it seems will never be injury free, therefore no chance would I sign him.

It's like saying "Cleverley would be a good signing, if he wasn't crap like!"

People say "he'd be a good signing if he could stay free of injury" - unless you haven't noticed, Rodwell is made of glass and it seems will never be injury free, therefore no chance would I sign him.

It's like saying "Cleverley would be a good signing, if he wasn't crap like!"

Have to agree. People often refer to Gerrard and how he struggled with injuries whilst growing. I've just looked at Gerrards appearance stats and Rodwell's don't compare (not even close). Rodwell is 23 now, just got to face up to the fact that he's an injury prone player.

I say let's sign him back because:

1. This will only be a loan.
2. I expect the loan fee will not be much.
3. He could not get a game at Citch. He played something like 4 times in the league this season. He will only be a squad player here anyway.
4. He will probably be injured for half a season so he might be happy to sit on the bench if he is not playing. Don't foget he will get more playing time here than staying at Citch.
5. I can't think of anyone else, CM who is free or available on loan. We need more numbers next season.

I say let's sign him back because:

1. This will only be a loan.
2. I expect the loan fee will not be much.
3. He could not get a game at Citch. He played something like 4 times in the league this season. He will only be a squad player here anyway.
4. He will probably be injured for half a season so he might be happy to sit on the bench if he is not playing. Don't foget he will get more playing time here than staying at Citch.
5. I can't think of anyone else, CM who is free or available on loan. We need more numbers next season.

1. The domestic loan spot could be used by someone who will actually make a contribution.
2. The loan fee could be used to get the player above.
3. Why would he swap City's bench for ours?
4. If, as you say, he'll probably be injured for half the season, why do you want him?
5. I'm sure Roberto and his coaches/scouts can think of alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back