Jack rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? Telling him to stay back etc?
the lad i soke to was a performance analyst at the time with us, hes with the klan now, told me even when picking him moyes just didn't have any faith in him, and that came across very clearly when dealing with the lad and imapcted on him, he was a different player with moyes, really inhibited. He said when he was 17 he was thought of by most youth coaches as the best player in europe at his age as well, clearly the injuries have impacted him massively, but moyes didn't help. apperently he rarely took the youth coaches advice on the young players at all, probably why sheedy is pretty hostile when moyes is a topic. He told a boss story about barkley as well. said before a youth game, think it was chelsea, ross said he is going to play the whole game with his left foot, he did and got motm

You know I think it could be worth a go on loan with Europe etc! Prob would be if he did well City would want him back or want mega wonga!

Be interesting if nothing else as a squad member with Europe etc!

Obviously under the Moyes regime £12m was an excellent deal but at the right price I'd have him back, I'd like to see how he fares under Martinez.

He's obviously got talent in him, looked good for England at one stage and im pretty sure he was getting plenty of MOTM awards playing for England Under 21s. Didn't they get close to winning the euros with him as captain?

Cant really compare him to Barkley either, as 1 Barkley will become a world class player and 2 he plays a different position, was even touted as a future centre half at one point.

Let's forget the injuries, the money and what not, and remember the simple truth - he's not good enough. He never was, he never will be.

That said, I'm actually expecting Martinez to take a punt on him.

What's the right price then?

I'm only asking, cause I'd probably have him back for 3 or 4 mil. My RS mate thought I was crazy to think we could get him that cheap...maybe I am.
wouldn't pay more than 5 for either, I haven't a clue what our budget is and if we are getting barry on a free, you'd have thought we could get rodwell on loan if his career doesn't fall foul to citys homegrown regs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back