Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a stat knocking about at the minute for jags that in 6 years he's only received 11 bookings (none so far this season I believe) pretty outstanding for a centre back, especially one who does so many last ditch tackles.

That stat is somewhat tempered, however, by the number of own goals he's scored :lol:

Skysports are weird. 50 mins ago they said we are going to speak to Evertons Phil Jagielka live. I even went back and checked I didn't hear it wrong. And that was that..... Nothing.
I think for the first couple of games it took Jags a little while to get used to RM's way of thinking (like most of them). So far though this season he has been outstanding.

Been on. Initially regarding Everton in the Community collecting presents for underprivileged kids. Again the Club doing a great thing. Naturally moved onto how we are doing and where've could end up. Jags just said all the right things. One game at a time etc etc. enjoying playing well etc. As per usual he came across very well.

I have to say, I think Phil Jagielka epitomises everything about the Roberto Martinez era and the transition from David Moyes.

When Berto came in Jags looked like possibly one of the weak links in the side, trying to adapt his game to neat passin instead of sticking his foot through it and looking for the striker. It took a little while, but slowly but surely he's been getting better and better... he's foraying into the opposition half more and more often, knows when to play it cute and short, and is having a big influence on games. Plus he's class on and off the field. If he was a bit more vocal he'd be the perfect captain, imo. He's been brilliant the past two months, has Jags, and long may it continue. Excellent stuff.

I have to say, I think Phil Jagielka epitomises everything about the Roberto Martinez era and the transition from David Moyes.

When Berto came in Jags looked like possibly one of the weak links in the side, trying to adapt his game to neat passin instead of sticking his foot through it and looking for the striker. It took a little while, but slowly but surely he's been getting better and better... he's foraying into the opposition half more and more often, knows when to play it cute and short, and is having a big influence on games. Plus he's class on and off the field. If he was a bit more vocal he'd be the perfect captain, imo. He's been brilliant the past two months, has Jags, and long may it continue. Excellent stuff.

noticed this, v interesting...hes clearly worked on his game, moyes prob told him not to bother:lol:

I described him as a square peg in a round hole not so long ago. He and Roberto have done a wonderful job in rounding off those square edges over the course of this season. And all credit to them both.

It's nice to be wrong on things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back