James Beattie

Status
Not open for further replies.
When fit he can be awesome
but usually he is off form
one thing you can garuntee is he will work hard till the 90th minute

just out of curiosity how much would you think the throw-in adds to Rory Delaps value?

Lazy but if he's the main man in your team he'll thrive on it so I think he'll be a good signing for you lot. Tell him he's lazy though like our fans did and he'll sulk his way through games. I think he can perform at PL level, as he proved in a poor Southampton team

Still can't understand why they sold him for less than they paid us for him after he's been banging them in in the Championship

Last edited:

I'm a bit puzzled too. Didnt they get a bit of compo from the Tevez thing and are expected to get more? I read in the paper the manager rates the youth and other strikers they have at the club. Beattie's contract might've been up in the summer and they took the only legit offer and took the money.

He'd better not bang one in against us. Him and Fuller though are very strong strikers IMO - be a handful defending those Delap throws.

On his day, he can be a real handfull. Problam is he does'nt have many of them days. He might suit Stoke physical approch an plenty of hight balls in the box might work for him. Im not trying to slate Stoke. You play to your strengths.

I think he might do ok their!!

still think its a strange and overly cautious move by sheffield united.

they are in a promotion spot or thereabouts and rather than keep one of their best players and top goalscorers to spearhead a move to the premiership they panic sell.

ok so his wages are high and they have to balance the books, but all that becomes moot if they get back into the premiership and get 30 million a season.

they've sent a powerful message to the fans and the squad that they dont consider this a possibility (or that they can do it without beattie).

wrong decision in my mind.

Think he will get on the end of a few of them delap rockets and finish with about ten this season.

Cue move to the Georides!

Did we get any wedge out of this deal?

Had more fun sittin on the bench than he did on the pitch! He only ever smiled when he wasn't playin or when he had come on to watch someone else score!

He'll do well there though I reckon

In my opinion he is not good enough for the Premiership but if the worst happens to you lot, he'll do the job in the Championship

There is a lot of talk about Beattie not being good enough for the premiership, he has scored 81 premiership goals and has 5 England caps!!!

I know he wasnt a huge success at Everton but looked good at times, I dont think he is a Everton player due to his workrate and his type of game relies on wing play and crosses which is not Everton.

I think he still has it in him and he will be a great signing for Stoke.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back