2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of player he is - not very clear from the above...

So far I thought our midfield 3 (with back up options) is:
Iwobi (Garner), Gana (Davies), Onana (Doucoure)

I know they are all very different , but these are the closest match to try and keep the shape and pattern.

Bide thine time young Hamez, for it too shall cometh for thee.

Surely a matter of time before Onana, Gueye and Iwobi all do their cruciates in within a week of each other.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of player he is - not very clear from the above...

So far I thought our midfield 3 (with back up options) is:
Iwobi (Garner), Gana (Davies), Onana (Doucoure)

I know they are all very different , but these are the closest match to try and keep the shape and pattern.

Garner is a midfielder who can do everything e.g Pass, tackle, shoot, dead balls, solid positioning etc...a real all rounder.

He has been compared to Carrick as a deeper midfielder, but he has bite in his tackles and can also play box to box.

If were going to play 3 in central midfield then theres no one else in the squad with the skillset to sit deep and hold their position.

Can't drop any of the starting three the way they've been playing and Davies has been very dependable whenever called upon this season, think Garner has to keep training hard get ahead of Doucore in the pecking order first, step by step to force himself into the team.
Doucouré won't get the extension he's hopeful for. He'll leave on a Bosman next summer or maybe a nominal fee in Jan.

The club are still in cost-cutting mode (understandable) and he's possibly the best paid midfielder at the club. (I'm not sure what Gana is on.) We can't afford to have a high earner as a rotation option.

Davies will likely always be here and that's fine. He's a decent player but playing under multiple managers with different styles in multiple positions at a key stage of his development has hindered his progress. I'd guess he's our lowest paid established first teamer and is generally reliable. I really don't get the stick he gets. Proper weird fans.

Hopefully Warrington continues to progress and he's brought back into the squad next season.

Short version: We have decent options for the first time in ages and Garner will probably end the season with 15/20 appearances. Ease him in and see how he does.

Brett Maverick B884A1BE-D561-42C2-9FDC-7BAE696D236F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.